Check the news stands!

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Check the news stands!

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

The Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine that covered my car at our Fall Weatherly event, will be hitting news stands shortly (March issue). Subscribers already have they're issues and it's getting some pretty good reviews from people I know. Even a few people I've been trying to talk into coming out to an event are now very interested in doing so after seeing the article. IMO he did a very good job of promoting the PHA and our sport in general and didn't make any "you people are crazy" comments. ( in print anyway haha )

They did however cut down his page space. He had snapped shot's of all the Mustangs and anything Ford while there but they cut it down to the shot's of my car for the article and a series of pics of Steve going over the jump all 4 wheels up, with a description of his car. (Apologies to anyone else he snapped pics of, but space is limited.) Gave full credit to Steve & Nancy for introducing me to the sport and gave an excellent review of the PHA crowd in general. Explained ( in short ) what it takes to do a hill climb, and gave the link to the website for further details and info while plugging the sport/PHA frequently.

All in all, I hope the content about the PHA/SCCA pleases everyone. I'll try and have some extra issues for the season if anyone wants one. Most Barnes & Nobles carry the mag if you want to pick it up when it hits the stands.

Oh yes, one more thing...

Matt and Phaedra are in the full size version of this pic but the cut down one in print only show's waist down on both of them. I know Mel's name (obviously!) but not the gentlemen to his left ( Mel appears to be pointing out how horrid of a driver I am ). They both appear in the picture printed in the magazine, figured I'd share.

Corrected... thanks Mel. I know who he is, just didn't know his name, or her's apparently lol now that I'm thinking of it a tad more, I should've known it wasn't Jen, been a while since I've seen people and I'm horrible with names.
Last edited by NJ 03Mach1 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Mel Horn
Novice

Re: Check the news stands!

Post by Mel Horn »

NJ 03Mach1 wrote: Matt and Jenn are in the full size version of this pic but the cut down one in print only show's waist down on both of them. I know Mel's name (obviously!) but not the gentlemen to his left ( Mel appears to be pointing out how horrid of a driver I am ). They both appear in the picture printed in the magazine, figured I'd share.
I have never criticized anybody until I've walked a mile in their moccasins. Or their driving shoes. I am probably describing someone at the Citizen's Fire Company bar the previous night.
Beside me is John Tumolo, (sp?)the dean of start line ; however that is NOT Jen beside Matt, it's Phaedra.
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
NJ 03Mach1
Novice

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Well crap. I've been..... oh nevermind. :oops: :|
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

Cut down pages? It was a five page feature!
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

Wow, and your car is on the cover, now that is publicity. Nice job getting in the mag. Heck i even bought a copy. Never thought i'd buy a mustang mag :D
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Jeremy, are there other magazines other than about mustangs???
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
NJ 03Mach1
Novice

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Thanks Jeremy! There was more content, but it was cut out due to pages...

Who knows, maybe that extra content will be in some of the smaller "one off" issues they release throughout the year... I'll keep an ear out.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Phaedra
Novice

Post by Phaedra »

That's fantastic! I'll definitely check out our Barnes and Noble and pick up a copy. Can't wait to see the article. No worries on mistaken identity - I get everyone's names mixed up quite a bit myself. lol :oops: As soon as someone gets a copy, s/he should put up a pdf on here! Great to see our guys get some recognition!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

mrevilracing wrote:... are there other magazines other than about mustangs???

I was amazed at how many different Mustang magazines I had to sort through before I found the one I was looking for :shock: I think the guy did a fine job! Thanks Adam!

Rich Rock
FV195
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 195
Current Racecar: 1996 Vector GB2 formula vee, red @195
1992 Brazos formula vee, yellow, #70

Post by FV195 »

I can't beleive I bought a non VW Mag. nice write up I thought.
THOR
NJ 03Mach1
Novice

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Thanks guys, I've got the link to an online version as well....
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/ ... index.html
Adam Sampson
PHA #281