ESP Question..

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

ESP Question..

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Steve you may know off the top of your head, but I couldn't find it so I'll ask.

Is it legal, for me in ESP to use an adjustable firewall mount for my clutch cable? The stock cable is adjustable, but it is a POS. I'm looking to replace it with a better quadrant, and that moves the adjustment point to the firewall...

I did look in the rules, and it doesn't specify that you "can" but it doesn't say you "can not"

Looking for other input.
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Re: ESP Question..

Post by mrevilracing »

I am not using an adjustable for no other reason than I didn't feel like putting it in. But the rules are pretty specific in that, just because it doesn't say you 'can' doesn't mean you can. In other words, if it isn't in there, the answer is NO. It's a crazy set of rules and simply silly to have to follow 3 different rule books. I understand the reasoning but it's almost as bad as the tax law. Go here and refer to there. If you still don't understand it, go back to a lesser class and see if it's there.

Personally, I see no performance gain what so ever in an adjustable quadrant. I would email the SCCA technical advisor and take his word for it.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Re: ESP Question..

Post by Joe Foering »

Excellent idea! Why not call him? When you get an answer, publish it on this forum.