New Project

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

AStaidle
Novice
Current Racecar: 1982 Mazda Rx7 GS

New Project

Post by AStaidle »

So after carefully examining the rust on the omni, and missing a few key parts (L Body intermediate shaft....) i decided to part the Omni out.

But I'm still on the hunt to finish a hill climb event. Recently i acquired some shop space, got myself moved in and started turning it into a little economic side project after my normal 9-5. I've decided that I'm going to use a car i have more experience with and will yield better results; 1st generation Rx7s.

I am finalizing the purchases of a 1982 Mazda Rx7 GS and a 1985 Mazda Rx7 GSL-SE. The 82 is in line for a 2.3 Turbo Ford engine and the 85 is probably going to be seeing an later model naturally aspirated 13B from an 88 convertible. And a 4.778 gear set (this is going to be the climb car)

Pictures to follow once i get some of these things wrapped up.
"Some people are afraid of heights, not me. I'm afraid of widths"

Visit my EBay Store --- http://stores.ebay.com/Ohio-Speed-Works

1987 Mazda Rx7 Turbo II
1985 Mazda Rx7 GSL-SE
1982 Mazda Rx7 GS

Turbo Dodge Parts garden
Mazdahead
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 03
Current Racecar: 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE 13B,

Re: New Project

Post by Mazdahead »

So this means we will be competing against each other now. What class are you thinking about for the RX?
I will try to help you if I can, but I think you are probably way ahead of me technically since you have been playing with all the other model RX's.
I may be able to assist you with any PHA issues and maybe we can trade some parts, I have a bunch too!
Can't wait to see you on the hills!
AStaidle
Novice
Current Racecar: 1982 Mazda Rx7 GS

Re: New Project

Post by AStaidle »

when i get my ass out there ill be bring plenty of spares. its a 5.5 hour drive to the events so im coming prepared!
"Some people are afraid of heights, not me. I'm afraid of widths"

Visit my EBay Store --- http://stores.ebay.com/Ohio-Speed-Works

1987 Mazda Rx7 Turbo II
1985 Mazda Rx7 GSL-SE
1982 Mazda Rx7 GS

Turbo Dodge Parts garden