MOMO Harness Recall

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

MOMO Harness Recall

Post by Steve Tumolo »

I came upon this on the Glen Region website:

Recall notice sent by MOMO to SCCA.
Manufacturing defects have been found in certain model MOMO harnesses which render them unsafe, and they are being recalled. These harnesses bear the MOMO "Corse" or "MOMO" name (or "ACR" in certain Dodge Vipers only), and have labels on the lap strap referring to one or more of the following certification numbers: "FIA B-143.T/98", "FIA C-154.T/98", "FIA D-153.T/98", "FIA D-142.T/98", "SFI" or "SFI 16.1", with all of them marked as "FIA" or "SFI" certified. According to SCCA, use of these harnesses should "CEASE IMMEDIATELY". Contact Darick Schmitt of MOMO Automotive at 800-749-MOMO (6666).
Tech inspection, please take note. Drivers whose cars are equipped with these model harnesses cannot pass safety inspection.
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

MOMO Harness Recall

Post by Joe Foering »

After reading Steve's post, I called MOMO and received the following info from "Kevin" in Sales: Darick Schmitt no longer works at MOMO (not for some time). Kevin states that there are currently NO recalls on MOMO harnesses. The number "98" at the end of the harness number is a date code; these harnesses are well past their usable date.
Kevin was emphatic that there are no recalls on any of their current products, and advised me that he would investigate further and contact me if there are any problems with their product that we should be aware of.
Joe Foering, Chief Tech Insp.
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

Thanks for the follow up Joe. I read the memo and thought it was a good idea to pass it along. I guess the Glen region has not updated their site in a bit. Since it was in bold type on their main Roadrace page I thought it was current.
#30 A-Sedan Mustang