Tire Mounter for Cantilevered slicks

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

gdh57
Site Admin

Tire Mounter for Cantilevered slicks

Post by gdh57 »

Even though the local NTB did a decent enough job with my Hoosier A6's, I suspect they aren't going to be able to deal with cantilevered slicks.

So, I'm looking for a shop to mount cantilevered slicks in the SJ area (Mullica Hill). Anyone know of one?

Failing that, how about near Reading?

Thanks!

Grace
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Call Joe Specht at CJ's Tire in Reading. They're the only place that's ever been able to mount my slicks on Revolutions, without threatening to shoot me if I ever come back. I've been banished from 6 tire shops - worth the trip to Reading. Plus they'll use nitrogen.
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

I'm going out on the proverbial limb and stating that you might want to ask the shop if they can mount/dismount run-flat tires. I'll bet if they can (it does take a certain type of tire machine, which I happen to sell...) they can handle cantilevered slicks. Plus the operator has to have the proverbial clue.
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
FC93
Novice

Post by FC93 »

i would talk with joe specht from CJ's one of the few in the area that can do those type of slicks, i know cause i have worked there and mounted them lol " they are no fun "
Dave Rohrbach
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Joe will probably kill me for saying this, as the tires are a pain to mount :lol:

But I did go to CJ's, and they did a great job! And it sure feels good to be back on the Goodyears.

Grace