Points Update?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dlascoskie
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 666
Current Racecar: 96 Ford Mustang GT

Points Update?

Post by dlascoskie »

2 Races left............
Any chance we can get an update on the points battles so we can see where we all stand? Thanks in advance for all your hard work. :D
Dan
dlascoskie@msn.com

2007 ESP Class Champion

mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

What a bummer Dan. If I was classed correctly at Pagoda, we could be battling for 2nd.

I am hoping to go to Summit Point. We'll see.

Steve
dlascoskie
Novice

Post by dlascoskie »

You think you were classed correctly for Duryea? :shock:

No offense, but you have at least a 50 horsepower-at-the-wheels advantage.

Also, you have to complete at least 1 timed run in at least 5 events (over half) to be eligible for the class champ trophy.

See you at Jefferson
Dan
dlascoskie@msn.com

2007 ESP Class Champion

dlascoskie
Novice

Post by dlascoskie »

Actually, I'd like clarification on the class thing, cause I can't really find a class listing for the Mustang Mach 1. Where do the 4V Mustangs like the Cobras and Mach 1's run? Are they lumped into E Street Prepared with the 2V GTs ? I could be totally wrong about my previous statement. Anybody have any input on this?
Dan
dlascoskie@msn.com

2007 ESP Class Champion

mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

dlascoskie wrote:You think you were classed correctly for Duryea? :shock:

No offense, but you have at least a 50 horsepower-at-the-wheels advantage.

Also, you have to complete at least 1 timed run in at least 5 events (over half) to be eligible for the class champ trophy.

See you at Jefferson
No offense taken.

I'd love to know where to be. There were 10 people trying to figure out what class I was supposed to be in the Friday before Pagoda. By the looks of the rules, SM was not where I was supposed to be.

Since this is my first year here, I'd like to know where to find the break down of A-F Street Prepared vehicles. Is there a list of them somewhere I'm just not seeing?
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

points update

Post by Joe Foering »

The class breakdowns can be found in the SOLO Rules Book since these are SOLO classes. They compete in TIME TRIALS as long as they conform to their SOLO class specs and the TTR for safety equip. (roll bar/cage, harness, etc.).
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

I'll ask around to see if i can help you guys with this. I think either Dan or Mark in the mustangs will be able to help you there. What it done to the car? Your running ESP right?
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

jerdeitzel wrote:I'll ask around to see if i can help you guys with this. I think either Dan or Mark in the mustangs will be able to help you there. What it done to the car? Your running ESP right?
Springs, struts, CC plates, swaybar, strut tower brace, subframes, gears, exhaust(not headers), cage, brakes (same size as stock).
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

Well it seems to be that you are classed correctly. The solo rules are online on the scca site. From just browsing thru it you are ESP. I had a few comments from other people that agree also. I kno its hard for some cars to compete against higher HP cars in these classes. Look at SM. This class you can have just about any car, and power can vary alot!
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
dlascoskie
Novice

Post by dlascoskie »

Yeah, I didn't see the Mach 1 listed in any class, but I did see Mustangs NOC (not otherwise classified) all in ESP. So I guess that means I can build a 4v and stay in ESP. :D
A 2v 4.6 is no match for a 4v 4.6 in essentially the same car, especially in a class that does not allow internal engine work to be done.

Anyway, back to the original topic............how are we looking on that update?
Dan
dlascoskie@msn.com

2007 ESP Class Champion

Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

The classing for a Mustang Mach 1 is indeed ESP. Unfortunately for you, the modifications you have performed make you illegal for street prepared. So you would be in SM. The big thing with your car are non-stock gears, everything else at a glance appeared to be legal, so if you were to reinstall the stock 3.55's, you would be in ESP. The subframe connectors are also illegal, and if the strut tower brace is a 3 point style that did not come from the factory, that would also be illegal (although I'm sure noone would really care, seeing that all its doing is adding weight above the CG point). Welcome to SM.