Thank You from a slightly scratched kitty

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Thank You from a slightly scratched kitty

Post by Sue Salsburg »

A special thank you to all who helped get Gracie off her " perch" . I remember the Old Days when you crashed & Gerstein yelled at everyone for the length of the incident. Jim, Rick & Dave were impressive lining up the roll-back & gently sliding her on with no more damage. I know I acted like a dork but I was so happy to get out & see that the damage was minor! Norma & Emily were sweet & Russ(?) of course couldn't resist busting me for being both slow & stupid. Thanks to anyone I missed. There was a spectator with good photos - I think his name was Chuck? I'd love one to annoy my Jaguar buddies who only go to car shows on sunny Sundays. Maybe now I should play Cat Scratch Fever instead of God Save the Queen?
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

I was the next car in line behind you and wasn't feeling too good about trying to break any records with the drizzle starting. When I spun all of 1st gear and part of 2nd off the line, I knew I wasn't gonna fly up that hill. Heading into 2, the corner worker was wildly waving that red flag at me. Told me that the jag went off in turn 7 and that was the catalyst for me. They removed the barricade, and off I went. I had visions of destroying the car somewhere right after 'Oh ^%$@' and that would have been bad.

I was glad to hear that you weren't hurt and damage sustained to that lovely car was minimal. Good luck with repairs and hope to see you back at it again.

Steve
'04 Mach 1
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Thanks Steve. I didn't realize it was drizzling enough to matter. Made Oh Shit fine but the back end came around coming out of the real turn & she decided to" play Jeep" & climb the bank. Drove her up & down our street today & seems fine. Will check carefully underneath this weekend but so far looks like only a battle scar. And David isn't even mad at me!
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Roy
Novice

Post by Roy »

My girlfriend and I stopped at Duryea to spectate for about an hour (on our way to the Berks County Humane Society to adopt a doggie)... and we just happened to see you climb the berm.

Car made a god-awful *SMACK* as it first contacted the grade, and a large thump when it landed flat up top. Not sure if you realized it (or if it was out of your control), but after the car had stopped moving the engine raced and the rear wheels spun like crazy for about a second before the engine died.

I would've been in line behind you, but myself, Jeff Doble, and a couple of other of my hillclimb buddies were at Tony Powell's bachelor party on saturday.
1989 Suzuki Swift Racecar
2000 Subaru Impreza RS
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Suzuki DR-Z400SM