Any news from Jefferson this weekend?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Any news from Jefferson this weekend?

Post by Steve Tumolo »

How was it guys?
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
///Mracer
Novice

Re: Any news from Jefferson this weekend?

Post by ///Mracer »

Steve Tumolo wrote:How was it guys?
Hot. Hot. Hot.

Well run, no major problems. I think we ended up with 6 runs.
Matt - '95 M3 (now in ITE trim!)

Jefferson Spr. C.W. - 57.5 (SM Record 06)
Pagoda - 60.9 (BSP Record 05)
Duryea - 123.6 (ITE '06)
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

All the runs were dry but very hot.

When we were leaving a huge wind storm came up and was blowing all kinds of stuff from the main track around as we went out the main gate. They red flagged the motorcycles and were pulling the workers in when we went past the carosel section of the main course. Hope the few people left up in the Jefferson Paddock made out OK. I think Rich Rock, the Pitman and Danko crews were the only people with camp still set up at the time. We hit some real nasty rain in Charlestown and pulled off for a while.
I was looking for a big wooden boat with lots of animals on it to go floating by :shock:

Event was great as usual but I was never so glad to drive home with the A/C on in the truck!
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

That's great!! I am glad to hear that all was well!!!!

Was there a meeting about the roll cage issue? Is there any kind of report about that?
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

The heat really affected me because I forgot to mention that Darryl Danko set a new course record! I don't remember the lap time, but it was incredible to watch. :shock:

The meeting was held. The point was brought up that the SCCA would rather see individual letters written expressing your position on the proposed roll-cage rules rather than a group letter from the PHA or from any group. Some discussion was presented from the different viewpoints however it was agreed by all that it was not the place try to change others opinions and that we should write our own letters to SCCA. Some possible modifications to the proposal were presented, but I will let those individuals author the proposals here so I don’t get anything wrong.
John Pitman
Hall of Fame Member

Post by John Pitman »

D.Danko's time was 44+....Scary fast!!!
I was dealing with the novices this weekend: Besides the comments already noted above, they added that they loved the event from registration through the end. ATTABOYs to Tom and Gail Knorr for their outstanding efforts, and a big thank you to Joe Foering, Kurt Eichenberg, & Thor for working through the first event tech inspections, and we all have to be very grateful for the volunteer workers.....it was HOT OUT THERE! Thank you all! And Matt, standing all day for two days, starting us in the proper spacing, and Nelson, sweating over the timers.... Don't know how you did it but you did it very well. THANK YOU one and all, and especially those I forgot to mention.
John Pitman FV95
dlascoskie
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 666
Current Racecar: 96 Ford Mustang GT

Post by dlascoskie »

Yep, it was a great event, run very well by all involved. Thank you, all of you, who allowed us drivers to play all weekend long! You guys are great! There was an exciting battle between two Mustangs in the E SP class that deserves a recap. Bill Feist threw the gauntlet down on Saturday with a 62.7-- run, but on what looked to be my last run of the weekend, I turned in a 62.1--, sending Bill back to the trailer to unpack all of his stuff, suit up and hurry his car to the line before the group 1 runs were done. I proceeded to watch Bill drive the wheels off his Stang in 3 slideways turning, red-hot brakes, smokey tires, checkers-or-wreckers runs that left me laughing and speechless as he blistered the course with 2 61.--- runs. When I got the word that we would have 1 more run, I lined up. Bill came to my car about 50 times before the run to psyche me out, so with a fair bit of gamesmanship I asked him to "check my hood latch for me" while he was over here. :wink: Anyway, timing issues halted the final run group, as I was sitting on deck, next to take the track. :cry: Who knows what would've happened. I guess it just wasn't in the cards. It was a hell of a lot of fun going back and forth with Bill all weekend and joking with the guys in his crew. Hope everybody else had as much fun as I did this weekend.
A BIG THANK YOU TO TOM AND GAIL KNORR. GREAT JOB!!
Last edited by dlascoskie on Tue May 29, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan
dlascoskie@msn.com

2007 ESP Class Champion

brandonl
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 79

Post by brandonl »

Everything ran very smooth, the event was well organized. Food and drink being provided was great, big thanks to gals and the guys who made that happen. An extra special thanks to the workers and timers who were out in the heat all day long, and I think that Dan's brother Mike L. also needs to be recognized for giving up the majority of his runs on Sunday to go work a corner when workers had to leave early. Much apreciated Mike.

I had a blast chasing the Evo and the stang that won SM, you guys were both flying and I never did make up the time on the Evo but it was good fun competition and I cant wait to do it again.

Brandon
#79 VW Golf (the mostly white, turbo one)
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Thanks to all

Post by Mwilson »

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped put on such a great event. I tried to get to everyone before I left but just in case I didn't here goes.

First to Tom and Gail thanks for a well run event.
Second to Matt G and Matt R for their time and as usual excellent job.
Third to Jen who slowed me down when I was exiting the track. :lol:
Fourth to all the corner workers who braved the hot sun so we could play.
To everyone who helped with the food and drink.
And finally to Nelson who as usual did a fantastic job with the timing.

It was a great event and everyone did one fantastic job.

Also congratulations to my good friend, "I think" :lol: Darryl Danko for shattering the record and going FTD. I have a feeling that record may be around for awhile.

And to our Southern friends George, Stann, and Dave thanks for making Sat evening a night to remember. Sure hope you all can make it to some more of the hills.

See you at Weatherly.
P.S. Almost forgot the tech boys, Joe, John, Kurt and Thor. They did a great job getting all the cars teched. And thanks to Joe for changing my name from "YES" to M. Wilson :oops:
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

Well what can i say. Im hooked. I had a blast coming out and racing with all of you. I met some of the nicest people, who were willing to help out in any way. The whole weekend seemed to really run smoothly. Thanks to all who worked the course especially. and to PHA for putting on such a great event. You guys will be seeing more of me!
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
Dave Cutchins
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 94
Current Racecar: Formula B (F-1000)

Re: Thanks to all

Post by Dave Cutchins »

[quote="Mwilson"]

And to our Southern friends George, Stann, and Dave thanks for making Sat evening a night to remember. Sure hope you all can make it to some more of the hills.

We had a great time and it was good to see "y'all".

It would be nice if you would finish the "ground hog" story for us!!
Dave Cutchins
FB #94