Hershey Vintage Hillclimb

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Hershey Vintage Hillclimb

Post by Joe Foering »

Does anyone know what the status of the Hershey Hillclimb is for this year?
ktaggart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 66
Current Racecar: Tigger II Formula Super Vee

Post by ktaggart »

Joe,

Latest word is that everything is on schedule. There seems there will be no effect from management changes at Herco at least for this year. There was some repaving of the road and widening of the berm in anticipation of the opening of "Sweet Lights". When I went up the hill in the dark late in December, I saw some areas where repaving transitions concern me (especially after hitting the mountain a mighty whack from just such a problem several years back) but we will have to wait and see what they are like in the race car. The paddock has not changed at all so we better pray hard for no rain.

Ken
eimc
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 46

Post by eimc »

Date for Hershey Hillclimb is May 5 & 6
1987 Porsche 944
1988 VW GTI 16V GT-3 #46 Image Geely scooter Friend of Old # 7 1970 Porsche 914-6
ktaggart
Novice

Post by ktaggart »

I spoke with this year's Hill Climb Chairman, Charlie Demmy and he said the website http://www.svvscc.org will have complete information by February. Check out the site for accurate and up to date info.

Ken
george bowland

Post by george bowland »

Hey Ken...How can I get in touch with Charlie?
ktaggart
Novice

Post by ktaggart »

Hi George,
Charlies phone # 717-545-0257
E-Mail cdemmy@aol.com

I didn't know you had anything old enough (other than yourself :lol: ) to run with us. Remember this is a vintage only event. Hopefully we will see Stan up here this year. Bring anyone else you can think of.

Ken
george bowland

Post by george bowland »

I become officially vintage (65) on April 7th. So I was thinking that even with a non-vintage car, I might sneak into Hershey based on the average age of car and driver. That would be 35.
ktaggart
Novice

Post by ktaggart »

Sorry George, but that is not how it has worked in the past. It is not a competition, but rather a show (officially). So the car needs to be vintage. Many of us are vintage drivers. You may want to ask Charlie, but I think you would need an '82 or older car.

Ken
george bowland

Post by george bowland »

How about a 1980 car with a 1997 motor. I did design this car in my mind in 1980 when I started autocrossing. And as far as a show is concerned, I can't imagine a car that looks more weird than mine.

I have a basic problem with open wheel cars that are old. They were all designed for little short guys named Andretti, and so I can't fit in any of them.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Any truth to the rumor that the age requirement for cars is being changed this year?

Rich Rock
ktaggart
Novice

Post by ktaggart »

To the best of my knowledge, the age requirement for the cars is still 25 years or older. That means up to '82. Unlike some vintage racing, it is years old and rolls with the calendar year. Eligibility of any car must be determined by the SVVSCC guys and they should be contacted directly. Best bet, call or e-mail Charlie Demmy at the contact info in the earlier post. Debating the eligibility of a car here will only give you very strong futiles. :shock: