Seek and find

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Seek and find

Post by mrevilracing »

Wasn't sure where this one belonged.

Look at this picture and see if you can figure out what's wrong with it.

http://buyphotonow.zenfolio.com/p222836 ... #863375189
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Re: Seek and find

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!

I know I know!!! :shock:
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

Your wife forgot to latch the hood. :( I think you should dock her pay :lol:
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Way too early apex for sure. Hard to tell from the photo angle but my guess is Gordan got it right!.

Is that what you are refering too? Otherwise, nothing else matters.

Dave Y.
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Actually, I am not in tight enough. Back end coming around every time but I think that's just the characteristic of the mustang.

Haha! Morgan!! She was at the finish line and heard the official at the Elbow call my car number and that my hood was not latched. I was one of 2 drivers that day that forgot to do that and were allowed to run. While this is a driver's responsibility to check before the run, I would hope that folks near the start line will be looking for just this issue in the future. Sometimes, as the driver, you get so wrapped up in what your time is, what you think you should be running, how slow you were, what the other guy in the class is doing relative to you, that you forget some things. Or maybe just overlook it.

I raise my hood after every run to cool things down before the next run. I guess I must have gotten distracted right after I pulled the release and forgot to raise it. Unfortunately, this hood design isn't obvious when you've pulled the release.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

I know @ Weatherly we had someone checking your hood, trunk, and making sure you were in tightly..

The round robin we were doing might have helped you overlook it too. There was a few times by the time we got settled in the pit, it was time to go again.

I know as a new driver I feel safer knowing someone has checked over what I've done, because people do make mistakes & forget. Good to have a 2nd set of eyes out there when it comes to saftey.....
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

mrevilracing wrote:While this is a driver's responsibility to check before the run, I would hope that folks near the start line will be looking for just this issue in the future. Sometimes, as the driver, you get so wrapped up in what your time is, what you think you should be running, how slow you were, what the other guy in the class is doing relative to you, that you forget some things. Or maybe just overlook it.
I raise my hood after every run to cool things down before the next run. I guess I must have gotten distracted right after I pulled the release and forgot to raise it. Unfortunately, this hood design isn't obvious when you've pulled the release.
Thanks for bringing this up...Under normal conditions we have two folks at start line. When we run short of workers this is one of the things that suffer. It turns into a cursory inspection that we sometimes run out of time what with chocking the wheel (tricky at a downhill start such is at Giant's) and giving a look at things like arm restraints, visors, etc. Timing has gotten so efficient and delay free that we have less time between cars. (Timing also controls the lights you see at start line, not the start line folks) We really need two people at start line but sometimes that just doesn't happen.

Your hood probably appeared latched. Sorry it was missed. Yes, it is your initial responsibility but you need to be able to rely on the worker(s) to ensure your safety.

FWIW I had a door (passsengers')open on me once...and my car had had a full-on touchy-feely line tech. How embarraskin' !

"What happens at Rose Valley's finish line...STAYS at Rose Valley's finish line! (Until after timed runs and the rollback can get to it...)"
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn