NJMP Lightning Course - 7/12 TT

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

jgrausa
Novice

NJMP Lightning Course - 7/12 TT

Post by jgrausa »

I did a practice day and TT on the new Lightning course at New Jersey Motorsports Park last Saturday. Excellent facility - very large. Nice Paddock area with electrical hookups. Large paved area at the head of the Paddock, adjacent to tech garage and classrooms. Nice sound system where you could hear organizers announcements from deep in the Paddock.

The course was well suited for my sports racer with a couple high speed sweepers, several elevation changes, blind corners and a banked oval, imagine the carousel at Summit Point, larger and banked. I ran out of gearing in the front straight and I was geared for 134 mph top speed.

A nice twisty section after the blind turn 1, a fast sweeper before the bridge and a quick 90 left hander after the bridge leading to the carousel and subsequent straight. If Shenandoah at Summit appears frustrating in the hurry up and brake sequence of turns, you will love Lightnings directly opposed design. A training course built to improve speed skills.

Search NJMP or Lightening on youtube for a number of in car videos.

BTW, the feature race was won by a Formula Atlantic that set the track record at 1:05

Regards,
Joe Rausa