hershey park happy!!!!

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

griffinbilt
Novice

hershey park happy!!!!

Post by griffinbilt »

it's been a little while since i logged in... i hope everybody is doing all right. so i guess the hershey vintage car hillclimb is on may 4th weekend. i was wondering if any of you guys were going. i am but my car still isn't together (as usual). i'm running ITA class this upcoming season. small improvements to the car have been done but nothing drastic. so who do i need to talk to for hershey to let my 88 scirocco slip the year cut off....they ran the body design as early as 81....keep looking up and for gods sake watch out for crazy peoples on the road!!!later
-ryan
**Mr. Exictement Himself**
1988 #767gt3 scirocco
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Re: hershey park happy!!!!

Post by Mwilson »

There will be a large contingency of PHA drivers at Hershey. I can think of at least 30 drivers that run with PHA that will be there if the weather is favorable. Also PHA has a tent there where they sell shirts and answer any questions that spectators might have about Hill climbing. Should prove to be an interesting event. Look me up in the camping area. The "BUD" will be cold.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

I walked the hill on Sunday. Looks good. They did a nice job with the cleanup. Now, if only the camping area would dry out....

Ryan, you should call someone in that club, maybe the event chairman. You might get lucky.

Rich Rock
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Post by Ron Mann »

I bet if you list it as an 87...it will slide through. No one has ever been challenged before.

Rich...you were in the hood...and didn't look me up?!!?
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Ron,

It was a spur of the moment decision to check out the autocross. PM me your phone # and I'll be sure to call ahead next time!

Rich
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

Ron,
Rich says it was the spur of the moment decision but really he was just being nosy. :lol: Really I think he was there checking seat belts. :wink: Now I'll probably get a phone call or a private message with some smart comment from him. :roll:
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Ryan, I think you can run your car. The rules this year have been changed to allow cars 20 years and older, not 25. Or am I missing something? (this is 2008, right???).

I'm pretty sure we'll be there. Still negotiating with Keith...

Grace
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Ron Mann »

You're right Grace, I didn't see anything to nix an '88 from running...I thought at one time I saw some wording that had the cut off at 1987. The rules and regs on the web site have changed SO much since January...every time you log on, something else has changed.

Either way...I'm pretty sure a Mk2 Scirocco will have no trouble running...be it an 82 or an 88. Like I said, I don't think they have ever questioned an entry.

Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Ron Mann »

I confirmed with Dave Walter...bring on the rides from 1988!

crusaderchuck
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 251
Current Racecar: H/M sports racer "brand-X" , '60 saab 93F #251, ex DC. region H/P "sudar" '59 bugeye ,ex disney '60 saab 93F

Post by crusaderchuck »

ryan?
how many cans of rustoleum red are you short? i mean man...geeez! gimmie a break! you can do it! spray cans can be distributed to volunteers at the hill friday night.... "VBG" :roll:
Charles F. Christ Sr.
1960 SAAB 93F #251
1967 H/M Sports Racer "Brand X"
1959 DC Region (RIP David Rothel) Bugeye "SUDAR" #1
Mazdahead
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 03
Current Racecar: 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE 13B,

Post by Mazdahead »

I have a question about the Hershey hillclimb about the doctors forms that are with the registration form? Do we need to have this filled out specifically for this event or does the SCCA license take care of the doctors exam? I will be a novice at this hill since I have never run there before, but have run all the other PHA hills, I don't think it matters from what I can tell? Any help appreciated, looks like I need one?
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Post by Joe Foering »

If your SCCA membership card is for '08 and it lists you as a TIME TRIALS DRIVER, that is sufficient; Just fill out the Medical History (although I understand we no longer need to do that for SCCA). Send a copy of your license with the appl. Joe
griffinbilt
Novice

Post by griffinbilt »

also if you have a current competition license then the scca machine somewhere has it on file that you are competent to drive. thats that whole physical doctor sign off form you had to do to get your license dealy...
i don't need any comments from the funny page chuck....
the new head got sent to a machine shop that i'm absolutely blindly trusting to plain the head with a 3 angle cut on valves with the head matching...it makes me sick with nerves to know a component on my car is not directly within my sight while modifications are being made. doug baum has a legendary reputation in new cumberland for v dubs and he's in my back yard.
...not to mention european import maintenance center with paul....he's a bad dude that i can't quite push my car to though

grace!!! are you going to come!!?? that would be cool!!!
**Mr. Exictement Himself**
1988 #767gt3 scirocco
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

Looks like more PHA folks are going to make it this year - that is cool. See ya all in Hershey. I got the car runnning last weekend and drove around the 'hood. I got some funny looks driving with the windshield off and the number still on the car from Jefferson. Oh well, it runs and the cops didn't pull me over.
My registration was sent and I got an e-mail conformation. Now I just need to check out the trailer to make sure it is ready then its Hershey Time!

B.
Tom Styczynski
Novice

Post by Tom Styczynski »

The Bugeye has a new Seven Enterprises motor and a rebuilt gearbox. I was plagued with clutch problems that I just got sorted out today.

I will be at Hershey.
Tom Styczynski

#TBD Lotus 7A
The Oregon division of the Motorworks at Saint Judes

TO GET TO THE TOP YOU HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM