Club, Event Higher Profile suggestion

This forum is set for PHA Sponsorship discussion, ideas, and suggestions.

Moderator: Rich Rock

"Zee" Zaroda
Novice

Club, Event Higher Profile suggestion

Post by "Zee" Zaroda »

While searching the 'net for travel ideas along the lines of "Things To Do in (name the town, coounty, etc.)" I wondered wouldn't it be a help to our club and its sponsorship desires to get our web site and our localized events listed on popular web-searched travel sites?

I got the idea last weekend when looking for things to do in the Wilkes-Barre area, and, finding no auto racing, settled upon taking my wife to watch the horse & buggy races

As someone who relies upon these regional travel info sites, i'd be especially interested to know what club events might be going on at the times I intend on visiting a particular region, county, town, etc.

But we're not taking advantage of this resource. Why not?

Here, for example, is the one for the Reading, PA area, where, it seems to me, we outta have our Duryea and Pagoda events presented thought a link to the PHA website:

http://www.aboutberks.com/Area%20Attractions.html

Same could be done for Luzerne and Lakawanna counties (giant's Despair), down near Cumberland, MD; Williamsport, etc.

Looks like we just need to email the contact person for each county travel bureau, for example.

We could also get listed on bigger sites like Yahoo! Travel.

Post by jerdeitzel »

Hey my wife works for the firm who designed the Pa State website. the one listed on the pa license plates. I've been thinking of getting her to get PHA a link from there to advertise these hillclimbs.
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8