Spring Weatherly (Congrats to "The Man" ) George

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Spring Weatherly (Congrats to "The Man" ) George

Post by Mwilson »

Wow, To run a 49 and change at Weatherly and not get the record is hard to believe. George was less than a second off the Hill Record. And I truly think if he would have had a few more runs he may have broken it. He was indeed getting the car dialed in. Well George there is always Fall Weatherly, but FTD on that Hill ain't too bad. You have joined a very great bunch of drivers that have had their name engraved on the trophy. Congratulations again on a job well done.

Also want to thank all the people that helped put on a fantastic event again. I tried to get to everyone after the event but here goes:
The Weatherly Hillclimb association and my good friend Joe.
All the corner workers. Brian Kraus even though he didn't drive was there working the corners.
The Pittman Boys John and Thor.
Nelson who as usual did an outstanding job with timing.
Matt and Jen
Our great announcer
The Weatherly fire Co. for a fine banquet
Tom Knorr and his wife Gail
Dan and Carol
JW Orrs and all the other tech guys
The Great support from Fairway
The boy and girl scouts for some great food.
Rich Sweigert

I sure hope I didn't miss anyone but all of you deserve a job well done. I think the final count of drivers was 77 which shows how many of us look forward to this fine event.

By the way George here is the end to the groundhog story. One day.............................. Sorry my wife called me for lunch :lol:
brandonl
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 79

Post by brandonl »

Great event and great weather (the temps were a nice change from Jefferson). Everything ran nice and smooth, big thanks to all the volunteers, organizers and the locals who provided the food.

Also, my apologies to the other competitors and/or bystanders in the pits who had to deal with the smoke from my car. My turbo was starting to fail and puffing a little smoke here and there in the middle of Saturday and by Sunday afternoon I was offically crop dusting. I tried to keep it off while I was in line as much as possible but it did end up totally letting go on my 3rd run on Sunday.

Brandon
#79 VW golf
george bowland

Post by george bowland »

Thanks Morg for the kind remarks. With my reference point for this event resting in 1987, the last and only time I ran the hill, I can say this was a surprise experience. Unbelievable organization and facility. Good food, good weather, good people and of course a great hill. Thanks to all workers who toil at this hill and especially to Joe Cyburt, without whom this hill would just be a memory. I spent a couple of hours at the Boathouse on Friday night and will remember that for a long time. Thanks also to my immediate neighbor, Kurt Eikenberg for all the help pushing my car to turn-around. Thanks to the PHA for being so true to our sport and preserving it for so many years. :D
Dogpatch
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 08

Post by Dogpatch »

Helping George, "the old guy" turn his car around was the least I could do in return for all his support in getting me through a trying weekend with a sick engine. I appreciate the good company and the friendship... even if he drives too damned fast. Congrats.

Kurt

PS. Got the 4 carbs back today...good as new.