2007 Wolf Ridge Hillclimb onboards

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

2007 Wolf Ridge Hillclimb onboards

Post by svann »

I've got the two onboard videos from George Bowland and myself loaded on Google Video. Just do a search for "Wolf Ridge Hillclimb". Other videos are starting to show up there too. I'll give a report tonight after work.
Stan Vann
SmokyMtnRacer
Novice

Post by SmokyMtnRacer »

Great videos!
Thanks for coming out!

Do you mind if I link to your videos through the wolfridgehillclimb.com website?
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

George and Stan,
Wow, Great videos. While I was watching them I found myself puckering my cheeks a little. :oops: Looks like a great hill, maybe next year I can sell some of my wifes jewlery and make the trip. :lol: Thanks for the post.
svann
Novice

Post by svann »

Now that I have the time, I'll do this the proper way. Here is a link to the Wolf Ridge Hillclimb onboards. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... llclimb%22 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... llclimb%22
Stan Vann
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Post by GT1-hillclimber »

With all due respect to my PHA friends....

Watch Stan`s run....He is one fearless individual...

This was a very tough course. Potentially (in my humble opinion) the most technical hillclimb course I have ever experienced. Very tight, very narrow, blind corners, tight hairpins. Relatively low speeds (thank goodness). Definetly not a GT1 course!

Rumour has it....this event will run twice in 2008. Would love to see some of you veteran hillclimbers come down. You will not be disappointed.

Mash
Dave Cutchins
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 94
Current Racecar: Formula B (F-1000)

Post by Dave Cutchins »

GT1-hillclimber wrote:With all due respect to my PHA friends....

Watch Stan`s run....He is one fearless individual...

This was a very tough course. Potentially (in my humble opinion) the most technical hillclimb course I have ever experienced. Very tight, very narrow, blind corners, tight hairpins. Relatively low speeds (thank goodness). Definetly not a GT1 course!

Rumour has it....this event will run twice in 2008. Would love to see some of you veteran hillclimbers come down. You will not be disappointed.

Mash
Hey Mash,

You are so correct. I get nervous just watching him.

But, watching his video and knowing what I was doing gives me a good idea of where I can improve, if I can suppress my survival instincts.
Dave Cutchins
FB #94
svann
Novice

Thanks!

Post by svann »

Thanks guys! I do appreciate that, considering who's saying it.

Your Bud,
Stan
Stan Vann