2007 Schedule?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

I was just in agreement with Morg about the logic behind having an event so far away. I am sorry but if attendance was very poor last year how many people are needed from up here to make the event a success? You have to agree that almost the same number of "NASA" drivers will be there. And I am willing to bet they were mostley just SCCA Hillclimbers jumping on the NASA wagon. Does that mean you are looking for at least 30 entries from the PHA to attend? So what Morg said about trying to get a good feel for how many will attend sounded like a real good idea to me.

I am not in NEPA so it is none of my business. And I hope it all goes well, I really do.

Morg: Don't give up so easily!! This is a place for ideas and opinions. Everyone here knows that!!! I can disagree with Tim, and the next time I see him I will shake his hand and give him a hug. It's all good :D
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Post by Ron Mann »

What if you swapped a Jefferson for a Snowshoe?...would be one less haul for folks...one less event...just a thought :roll:
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

If you're looking for a head count, David & I plan to attend both new hills. Very willing to drive for a hill, but not a flat track event. I know I've said it before; if I want to go around in circles, I'll go back to road racing. Jefferson is just a crashing bore for me & on the 2 weekends I really don't want to travel.
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

First off; Morg and Steve know I was just busting there arzz.

As a HIll Climber I would like more events on our schedule. This is another reason to add to the years PHA series. We never will know when a hill will be the last year it will ever run. The time will come were state regulation impossed by US government will shut hill climbing down for good. We aren't NASCAR!! If such a bill would float through the cracks we could do squat about it.

So I say the more the merrier.

Ron, alot people love Jefferson and replacing 1 event for another would be a good idea. Those dates are hard to come by and more then 80 plus drivers at the event loves it!!
Regards,

Tim Royer
svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Post by svann »

Just an observation, but the negative for me at the NASA Snowshoe Hillclimb was the NASA classing system. I just never figured it out. It may be that they don't have anything for formula cars and have to be totally different from SCCA, for legal reasons. Otherwise it was a good event with the biggest advantage in the lodging, resturants, and shops. Everything is right there in a sort of European village at the summit. That said, I personally like the Flintstone course better (more turns and less straights).
Stan Vann
veehive
Novice
Current Racecar: Citation 99V F/V

NESCCA 2007 calendar, as of 10Dec2006

Post by veehive »

Just f.y.i: the NESCCA calendar has been posted, at http://www.users.fast.net/~nescca/calendar.html. :)

VH
the University of Formula Vee -- fraternitus, frugalitus, velocitus, frivolitus, fugallitus
Mel Horn
Novice

Re: 2007 schedule

Post by Mel Horn »

Mwilson wrote:Stan,
They might be great additions to the schedule but if you don't get the support from the drivers and workers it really doesn't matter. All you need to do is look at Rose Valley that was very close to shutting down because many of the drivers felt it was too far away. 3 hrs.
Here's a History Channel moment from Back in the Day...

We used to have a hillclimb in Bradford PA (Red Rock) and it was as I remember well attended. There was also one in Mc Connellsburg PA.

We have also had events at Watkins Glen in addition to New Hampster, etc.

Long story short, we have a snowball's chance in hell of obtaining any new sites east of the Susquehanna. They just aren't there. Those that are suggested no one wants to pursue.

For that matter you can almost throw a rock from Polish Mt (I love that name...) and hit PA, vs. a place in southern WV....
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Sue Salsburg wrote:BTW, how come so many racers like trains?
Held on tracks?
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
BillStrong
Novice

Post by BillStrong »

Bradford PA, would be awesome since I lived there for a very long time!
I used to run the ice races up on Red House, but since global warming that would be dangerous :)