Banquet- The Last Event

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Dogpatch
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 08

Banquet- The Last Event

Post by Dogpatch »

The year started with Spring Jefferson and ended for most with Fall Weatherly (some of us went to VIR). I hadn't thought of the Banquet as an event but the same event qualities were present. One last chance to be with other people who love our sport as much as we do, gathered together appreciating the friendships made over the years. A chance to honor those that have served us well, inducting those that we are are most proud of, and awarding those that battled all year in their classes and won. It was even a chance to bring our significant others with us to experience it all.

I really enjoyed myself at the Banquet and would like to thank Joe (and et al) for a job well done. For those people that did not attend you truly missed an awesome EVENT. I'm looking forward to next year already. Make sure you attend the last event.

Kurt
FV195
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 195
Current Racecar: 1996 Vector GB2 formula vee, red @195
1992 Brazos formula vee, yellow, #70

Post by FV195 »

well put Kurt, the banquet was very fun, lots of drinking went on,eating too
THOR
Last edited by FV195 on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

Ditto what Kurt said. It was a great time and a nice event.

It would have been better if my head wasn't pounding all the way home Sunday. Damn hangover..... :shock:
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

You were only hung over because you didn't have my " healthy mango drinks". Seriously, great event ( Thanks, Joe) even the food was decent. The music is a nice touch, even if we don't dance much. Now for next year, can we bribe the management to keep the hot tub open late? Considered climbing the fence at 2 AM but I wasn't quite drunk enough. Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
John Pitman
Hall of Fame Member

Post by John Pitman »

Joe f.,

NICE JOB! I concur with all of Kurt's thoughts. The food was good, and those of us who danced thoroughly enjoyed the combo...good selection. I hope you lock in a date with the band and hotel for next year's date.
John Pitman FV95
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

Sue Salsburg wrote:You were only hung over because you didn't have my " healthy mango drinks".
Oh yes I did!
That was some good stuff, and Denise really liked it too.
My probelm was that it mixed with all the other stuff I drank from the bar and somhow transformed into a bass drum that was stuck in my head.... :twisted:

That hot tub did look interesting as I made my way through the lobby to the elevator, but the front desk is right there keeping watch :(
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

I was wondering when the discussion of the banquet would begin. I guess it took everyone a few days to recover. I'd like to echo Kurt's comments and say "well done" to Joe and the committee. The event was enjoyable in every respect.

I don't know if this should be a separate thread, but kudos to Nelson on the Year-in-Review video as well. It's a great recap of the season and very well done. The synchronized in-car and trackside shots are great!
#7 ITC
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Keep the feedback coming! We need to know what you liked, what you would like to see changed, and how you feel about returning to the Holiday Inn Morgantown for next year's banquet.

Rich Rock