REQUEST FOR INPUT TO A PHA EVENT LOGISTICS DATABASE

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Tom Styczynski
Novice

REQUEST FOR INPUT TO A PHA EVENT LOGISTICS DATABASE

Post by Tom Styczynski »

I am a relative new participant in PHA events so I have had the same questions posed on the forum page before an event. Questions include where should I stay; where can I park the trailer; how are the pits organized; where is a parts store?

I know that there is a wealth of information that is both valuable and available from seasoned competitors. This information is often passed on by conversation. I posted a suggestion to develop event web pages containing this type of information on the WEBSITE SUGGESTIONS page of the Forum and received very positive response. There are a lot of advantages to developing this information database including positive publicity for PHA events, exposure for local motels/restaurants and, possibly, discounts to participants/workers.

Since the winter punch list on the Bugeye is small I thought I would kick off the project. I plan to approach this in two steps. First I want to solicit input form participants, crew and spectators. The following are some topics but I am open to others (Note-I already received a recommendation to add liquor stores):

Accommodations: Camping; Local Hotels – (w/links)
Trailer Parking/Storage: Overnight; Day of Event
Special Events: Locally sponsored Saturday Night dinners; Local point of interest; Other
Local Restaurants
Local Auto Parts Sources
Helpful tips

This is to gather information. Add helpful comments like “close to the event” or “inexpensive”. Stick to positive comments for now.

Please send the comments to me, Tom Styczynski, via the member list e-mail. Please put PHA EVENT DATABASE in the subject section. CLEARLY STATE THE EVENT NAME to facilitate data sorting. Do not assume someone else will submit information.

The second step is to write the event directors seeking event unique input. This will include location of pre-event tech inspections and event pit restrictions/experiences. This will come at a later date.

Thanks!!!!
Tom Styczynski

#TBD Lotus 7A
The Oregon division of the Motorworks at Saint Judes

TO GET TO THE TOP YOU HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM