Duryea and "oh $hit"

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

RX-Midget
Novice

Duryea and "oh $hit"

Post by RX-Midget »

The links below are of some of the in car footage from my runs up the hill. One is the “Bloopers”, which includes an appearance of a local squirrel and some video of the RX-Midget getting out of shape with one very “brown” moment at about 85mph at Oh $hit. The other video is from my best run up the hill. I was just getting comfortable with the course by the end on Sunday. The video has me lifting in several places due to uncertainty or just fear!

Here is my "good" run up the hill:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9680993252

Here is the “bloopers” video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0115486490
JekylandHyde
Novice

Re: Duryea and "oh $hit"

Post by JekylandHyde »

RX-Midget wrote: The video has me lifting in several places due to uncertainty or just fear!
lol ... I have a bunch of lifts from "uncertainty or just fear" in my video as well. I posted my vid in the other thread about results. I'll watch your vid over lunch - thanks for posting them.
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

The last run on bloopers looks like you were turning in to early and corrected yourself? There is alot of lifting in both of you guys videos, but take it at your own pace. :wink:

Hammer down after 5a to O'shit or beyond. Pagoda turn 10 I think too the finish line.

Great video thanks for sharing!!
Regards,

Tim Royer
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

Tim Royer wrote:There is alot of lifting in both of you guys videos, but take it at your own pace.
lifting + keeping 2 fenders & 2 quarter panels > not lifting, having less than 2 fenders & 2 quarter panels

5 -> 6 just not feel very solid for me to maintain making power

From the ball field on, I think I need to learn a safe line to put power down. The last 2 years I was taking the hill really wide (left side of the road) from the ball field on. This year I tried hugging the inside (right side) a lot more (shorter distance) and I did not feel as comfortable staying WOT.

RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

After watching the video where I almost loose it, I think I may have dropped the right rear in the dip on the right side of the road or hit a wet spot. This would have tossed the rear out to the right like it did.

I watched all my other runs and started to turn in at the same place, but I was a bit further right on this run.

In the video (high res) I can see a dark patch of road that I hit right as it slid sideways. Maybe it was still wet, or was the road surface ruff and uneaven there? I don't know...
dlascoskie
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 666
Current Racecar: 96 Ford Mustang GT

Post by dlascoskie »

I think I saw my car in that video.............yup, that's me parked in Turn 7....lol.
I'll post my crash vid soon :oops: , but in the meantime nice videos and very nice saves.
Dan
dlascoskie@msn.com

2007 ESP Class Champion

Dogpatch
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 08

Post by Dogpatch »

I followed Brian up the hill Sunday and I had to laugh when I got to my turnin point at Oh shit! there was this little squirrel lying spread eagle on his back at the side of the road. Hopefully the corner workers gave him/her a nice burial. Brian you cost me a half second.

Kurt
Prince PR01 DSR #08

posted my record run at http://www.dogpatchracing.com
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Duryea and Oh Shit

Post by Mwilson »

Brian,
Great video. After watching your run I better get my act together for the next two events. See you at Jefferson.

Morg
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry about the 1/2 second Kurt! :lol:
At least you didn't scoop him up with your splitter and toss him in the car with you! :shock:

I'm just glad the wildlife that came out to see me wasn't the deer we saw at turnaround.

Morg - It is a illusion as to how fast I'm going. You don't need to do a thing for Jefferson, it's those pesky VW's you need to look out for..... 8)

See you all in WV.
Brian
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

Your concern is: VWs in WV.

I'd be more worrid if WV was in a VW :D