2006 Blueridge Hillclimb

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

2006 Blueridge Hillclimb

Post by svann »

I realize you have a full schedule of events up there, but we really enjoy having some of you travel south to help us put on a show for the folks at the Blueridge Hillclimb each year. In the past this event has been held in the spring and always seemed to be plagued with rain. Also the Blueridge Mountains have always been a special place for us to escape to in the heat of the summer. Therefore we are running it this year the first weekend of August. It's a great hill, running right thru a Christmas tree farm with full support from the local community. Since this year marks the 50th year for hillclimbing in the Southeast we expect a great turnout. Please consider joining us so that we can return the hospitality we have been shown when we've visited up there. It's a quick run down I-85 for most of you. See http://www.blueridgehillclimb.com
Stan Vann
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Post by GT1-hillclimber »

Thanks Stan. I think we already have about 30 registered this week. August will be an awesome time to be in the NC mountains.

Ya`ll come on down. Race our hill. Drink our moonshine (whoops), I mean beer.

Mash
svann
Novice

Post by svann »

That wasn't really a mistake BTW. Trust me.
Stan Vann
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

I would love to come, but it's just no in the budget (money or time).
At some point, I really hope to be able to race the hills "down there."
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
svann
Novice

Post by svann »

Hey Mash, could we get some "appearance money" for these guys? Believe us, we know how much it cost to attend events hundreds of miles from home. But I promise you it is always worth it to see other areas and make new friends. A good investment, I think.
Stan Vann