Pagoda Thanks!

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Tim Williams
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 07
Current Racecar: 1980 TRIUMPH TR7

Pagoda Thanks!

Post by Tim Williams »

Thanks to all organizers, course workers and volunteers for a well run event. Especially the gentleman at turn-a-round on Saturday! My motto is "i'd rather push my Triumph than drive an MG" and i got to do just that! He probably wished i drove an MG, because he had to help push my Triumph UPHILL to the crest of the hill, so i could coast back down. Good thing i got my brother back into hillclimbing after a 30 year absence, so i had something to drive. :D Is there a "spirit of the climb award"? If there was i'd nominate Rich Rock! After crashing heavy at Weatherly and bending his frame, he was able to build the car back up in just two short weeks, and took some runs on Sunday!
p.s. Sorry to everyone that was behind me on my slooooooow touring run. I hope to have my engine rebuilt by Duryea.
I'd rather push my Triumph, than drive an MG !
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Tim,

Thanks for the kind words! It took A LOT of work to put a new frame under the car, and I couldn't have done it so quickly without the help I received from several people. I won't name names because I might forget to mention someone, but I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who helped!

See you at Giants!

Rich Rock
tupdegrove
Novice

Post by tupdegrove »

Tim Williams,

Are you related to Doug Williams who used to work at Agere? I ask because I thought I saw Doug on my way down from Giants today.

Tim Updegrove