2006 Giants' Despair Entries are mailed! Please read

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Tim Royer
Novice

2006 Giants' Despair Entries are mailed! Please read

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

The Giants' Despair entries have been mailed. The event entries were limited to an entrant that has run the Giants’ in either 2004 or 2005. Also novice entrants that will be racing 2 of the 3 events before Giants’ qualified to receive an entry. These are the 2 ways to receive an entry but that doesn’t mean you’re in. This event like all of ours will be the first 100 entries are firm entries. Entries must be paid in full to be considered a firm entry. Send in entry with check ASAP! This was planned to be the first mailing and a second mailing will follow if all 100 slots aren’t filled (not likely to happen). There were 109 entries sent out, this didn’t include all novice drivers. Novice drivers please contact me if you didn’t receive an entry and plan on running 2 of the 3 events prior to Giants’.

It is possible that you may not have received an entry because of being a Novice driver, moved from address I had, entry destroyed in mailing, my list not being correct, or other reasons. Please email me if you didn’t receive one and you qualify.

Below is copy of a portion of the 2006 Giants Event Sups. These are the major changes made for this event only, please read in full.

****READ IN FULL****
This event is scheduled as a three-day event; all cars will compete Saturday and Sunday. A driver unable to compete on either day
forfeits all timed runs offered for that day. A driver showing up for registration and tech inspection after timed runs have started
forfeits any missed runs. This event is run under the SCCA Time Trials rules and GCR specifications. Friday at 1pm will start
un-timed runs up the hill. Anyone found using any type of timing device including data Acquisition will forefit all times on Saturday.
APPLICATION: Application blanks must be filled in completely and returned to the respondent indicated on the entry blank.
Payment in the form of check or money order must accompany the completed application form. Entries will be accepted on a first
come first served basis. Refunds for cancellations will not honored as per Event Organizer. Each driver must submit a separate
application. Two drivers per car will be permitted. If there are any questions or special requests, contact the Organizer whose name
and telephone number are listed on the entry form.
ENTRY LIMITS: The first 100 entries will be firm entries from the first mailing. Drivers who failed to qualify by running 2 of 3
2006 PHA events PRIOR Giants' Despair Hill Climb will not be refunded entry fee! There entry was reserved in good faith that they would
meet the requirements outlined on the Giants' Despair entry form that the driver has signed. ONLY 1 ENTRY PER DRIVER will be excepted.

Regards,

Tim Royer
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Almost 50 entries are in allready, gettem' in!

First 100 is firm.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Tim- will there be confirmations sent out? Just want to be sure you got our entry. Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

Sue I got yours and Dave's. Right now I'm taking entries for 3 events at once and wouldn't have the time to confirm every entry sent to me. The biggest problem would be that most aren't putting an email address down. Email would be the easiest to send otherwise I would have to call everyone else to confirm.

The http://www.myautoevents.com registration is working very well, but I do have the few that either won't put it on or can't because they have no internet or something. I send an email (if given) to people that haven't registered online to do so. I have added quite a few myself. I don't have Giants' online yet till after the first mailing or 100 entries. Then I may ask people to register online just because it makes it easier and much less time consuming to download names/classes ect to the timing program.

Thanks!
Regards,

Tim Royer