Mounting a laptop PC

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

Tim Royer wrote:Spun a bearing? I would find out why. Looking that them you can tell. Did you see the bearings?
Yes, actually the #1 cylinders ROD was blueish in color. It must have been rather hot in there :)
Tim Royer wrote:You many be pumping to much fuid in the cylinders fuel and water mix.
I am doubtful of this as we did not change the amounts from last year, but we did increase the displacement of the engine.
Tim Royer wrote: P.S. don't forget to totaly disassemble and inspect every part. Wash down every, oil lines should be replaced or hours of cleaning. Of course a new filter. 1 little flake makes a whole mess again!
The entire block has been redone and he head cleaned up.
The only part we are going to have some challenges in cleaning is the actual turbocharger, but the good news there is I have a (required) restrictor on my oil feed for the turbo so the actual opening to the turbo is incredibly small ... so if anything got through there, it would have to be miniscule.
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

I was looking for stuff on Google and ran across a few of the forums mostly MR2 sites that you post on. The guys that are doing your work for you sound really good and you can't beat that there doing it for nothing or next to nothing for sponsorship. Posts above were just to get you or your guys looking at everything. Reason is sometimes the most simplest thing will kick you in the azz. Matter fact similar thing, cylinder rod bearing wiping out for the Atlantic ended up to be a 90deg oil fittings. They produced to much resistants at 9k plus over time was starving the bearings that got fed last. Now my rule, no fittings in oil system that are over 45deg angle.

Did they figure out what happened yet? and why?
Regards,

Tim Royer
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

Tim Royer wrote:
Matter fact similar thing, cylinder rod bearing wiping out for the Atlantic ended up to be a 90deg oil fittings. They produced to much resistants at 9k plus over time was starving the bearings that got fed last. Now my rule, no fittings in oil system that are over 45deg angle.
Where they the forged 90deg fittings, or the 90deg tube-type fittings?

I have found the forged (two drill passages at 90deg) fittings are very restrictive, but the hose mounted 90 fittings (look like bent tubing) flow very well.

High flow

Low flow
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

I have only one 90 and it is this type:

It's the feed tothe turbo. I'm pretty sure that is the only 90 I have in there.
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates