Newbie Schedule & Event info questions?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

mooneys
Novice

Newbie Schedule & Event info questions?

Post by mooneys »

Looks like I will be running as a novice this year (joined SCCA, have my physical done and will be sending it with my novice license app soon) for sure in at least 3 events maybe more depending on when the new baby is delivered by the stork.

I understand there is a get together or dinner Sat night at these events. Who can come and can crew/family/friends come as well if I pay extra? I may be able to talk them into being an official if they are needed. Are there other activities during or after the race I should be aware of and ready to help out with or participate in?

How do I register early for an event, or is it neccesary? I am guessing maybe Giants is the only event that is a definate pre-register if I'm invited.

Thanks and see you all in the hills ;-)
Herb Mooney and the Misfit Projects Museum
66 Renault R8, 58 Renault 4CV, 87 Renault R11, 73 VW Superbeetle, 59 Ford Anglia 105E, 73 Datsun 240z, 69 NSU TTS
Dillsburg, PA
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

Hello Herb. One note on Giants this year. To be in the first mailing of entries you must qualify in either having run the hill in the last 2 years or run 2 of the 3 events prior to Giants. The 3 events are Jefferson Circuit Time Trial in WV, Spring Weatherly Hill Climb, or Pagoda Hill Climb. This is in place to make sure that all of our series members get into the race. I have many emails already every week asking to run this event.

There will be a second mailing but I don't foresee there being any spots left after the first mailing. So if you plan or anyone plans to race Giants that’s a new driver this year make sure you get to 2 of 3 events before Giants.

You will receive an early entry if you are planning on running 2 events prior. But, if you only end up running 1 or no events prior to Giants you would loose your entry position and be placed in a standby list along with people in the second mailing. Like I said before a second mailing may not even go out so prepare wisely.

Drivers and Workers at any event get a free ticket to the Saturday night party. Any guests would need to buy a ticket (most are $5-$8 a ticket). The party’s vary but all I believe include great food, soda, and beer.

The Spring Jefferson event includes food and drinks for Saturday lunch, and party in the evening. Also includes Sunday lunch with drinks. This event is free to all who comes down. Workers will be treated like royalty!

Entry forms for any event will be posted on the PHA site at www. Pahillclimb.org if you don’t receive one in the mail. If anyone wishes to be on our PHA entry mailing list please email Nelson and I so you can be added. Please have your name, address, phone number, and email that you use on this email. Please also note is you want to receive your entry by email and not snail mail (keeps costs down).

Tim Royer - TimeTrials@nepascca.org
Nelson Kase - NelsonKase@comcast.net
Regards,

Tim Royer