Jefferson Event - Thanks

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Tom Styczynski
Novice

Jefferson Event - Thanks

Post by Tom Styczynski »

I had a great time at the Jefferson event. Thanks to the staff and workers.

Unfortunately my weekend in the #121 Green/Yellow Scirocco was cut short by a fuel problem. I appreciated everyones help at the track. When I got home I found three screws (two from the air cleaner mounting plate and one from the carb body) in the carb barrels. The good news is they nested in the body and did not make it to the cylinders. The car is now running fine.

Thanks again and I will be looking forward to next year.

Tom Styczynski
#121 Green/Yellow Scirocco
svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Thanks Too!

Post by svann »

On behalf of the Southern Contengent, I'd also like to thank all of the organizers and workers for a great weekend. We are bringing more each year, so you'll just have to put up with us, I guess. Special thanks to the Dankos for feeding this crowd again. It's really fun to get to visit with so many of our old and new friends during the meals. Now, I'll put my toys away for the year, as harvest season is rapidly approaching. Thanks again for a great event to finish up my season and we'll see you in 2006.
Stan Vann
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Thanks to everyone involved for a fun weekend!

I stayed until Monday afternoon to watch some of the races on the main track. Seeing the Jefferson track empty on Monday got me thinking about the possibility of making ours a three-day event?

Rich Rock
Rob Cassaday
Novice

Post by Rob Cassaday »

Wow, what a great weekend!!!!!! Great weather, great racing and great friends. Thanks to all who helped make this a wonderful event.
#68 A-Sedan Camaro
Mel Horn
Novice

Start the season early?

Post by Mel Horn »

Perhaps a test/tune days, possibly starting in April. IMHO, we start our season too late.
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
eimc
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 46

Post by eimc »

Thanks to all the station workers ,timing crew etc. for a great job. The weather was great and so was the event. The GT-3 group is growing so fast we are thinking of entering a second car. Thanks Again. Paul
1987 Porsche 944
1988 VW GTI 16V GT-3 #46 Image Geely scooter Friend of Old # 7 1970 Porsche 914-6
jgrausa
Novice

GT3 - second car?

Post by jgrausa »

Paul,
What's this with a second car? I thought you wanted to change classes cause you couldn't find any competition in GT3. :twisted:
Regards,
Joe
b yoder
Novice

Post by b yoder »

well it's good that all the motor work in the off season will put me in GT-3 then. :lol:
eimc
Novice

second gt-3 car

Post by eimc »

I just got a call yesterday about a Shine company run car(shine is a company up in new england states that races VW's) offered to me. I figure I will get Vinnie(Vince Gladfelter) to drive it . Unless you (Joe) want to give up the sports racer and drive the new car. See Ya Paul :shock: :) :P :twisted: :roll: :idea:
1987 Porsche 944
1988 VW GTI 16V GT-3 #46 Image Geely scooter Friend of Old # 7 1970 Porsche 914-6
Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

Re: Thanks Too!

Post by Nelson »

svann wrote: Special thanks to the Dankos for feeding this crowd again.
All of the food at the Fall Jefferson is provided by Blue Mountain Region.
Nelson
svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Post by svann »

Nelson,
Somehow I had gotten the idea that the Dankos furnished the food. Maybe at some previous event. Sorry! Thanks to the Blue Mountain Region instead.
Stan Vann
jgrausa
Novice

GT-3 class

Post by jgrausa »

Looks to me, like GT-3
Is the class to be
If you want to get in the mix,
In 2006

Regards,
Joe :lol:
Porsche pilot
Sports Racer neofite
part-time poet
b yoder
Novice

Post by b yoder »

Yo Paul,

Plans to rebuild the Honda are off. I got a call fom BSI Racing about a sweet GT-3 Golf they had built for a customer who backed out of the deal. Something like 389hp at the front wheels for only $2,099!!! I was going to spend more than that on rebuilding the Honda!

Fester
eimc
Novice

Golf GT-3

Post by eimc »

Brian the car you are talking about is a IT class car ,with no engine soooooo you could still get the engine done for the honda and adapt that to the VW. Now that would be one screaming GT-3 car . Chow Paul :wink: :shock: :D :idea:
1987 Porsche 944