Rose Valley Pictures

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

tupdegrove
Novice

Rose Valley Pictures

Post by tupdegrove »

Made the long trip to Rose Valley for Saturday and it was well worth it to see you folks run. The weather was so much better than last year! Last year, my car wiring/dist. got wet and I was stuck for a while in someone's yard at the bottom of the hill. Then, at the end of the day, I got stuck in the mud at the top of the hill. Okay, that was last year.

Thankfully, it was a safe event on Saturday with a few minor spins or something. It was good to talk with a few of you afterwards and learn more about your cars. My son, Jonathan, probably enjoyed this part of the day the most, especially when Kurt E. ('#08') said he could race in 3 years.

I posted a lot of pictures (nearly 250) at http://www.enter.net/~tdu/Places/Hillclimb. If you only want to look at one picture, check out the surprise guest appearance by Joey Chitwood at http://www.enter.net/~tdu/Places/Hillcl ... 07563.html. I was only a few feet from the action. If anyone is interested in purchasing any pictures, send me an email at tdu@enter.net and I'll send you details.

By the way, I discovered you can use the keyboard left and right arrow keys to change the picture instead of using the mouse. For a larger picture on the screen, change the screen resolution by right-clicking on the desktop, choosing properties, Settings tab, and reducing the Screen Resolution.

Tim Updegrove
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Super shots again Tim!! Thanks alot. The shots into 5 and out of 5 are great to see lines threw the turn. Oh, and thanks for grabbin that shot of me sideways coming into 5 :wink:

Great job as always bud!!
Regards,

Tim Royer
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Post by GT1-hillclimber »

Very good pics. Tim, you should send a copy of the jeep picture to
GrassRoots and SportCar.

Mash
JekylandHyde
Novice

Re: Rose Valley Pictures

Post by JekylandHyde »

Awesome pics as always Tim!

I wish I could have made this event, but Hyde is still under the surgical knife (literally) for his new uppgrades :D
tupdegrove wrote:If you only want to look at one picture, check out the surprise guest appearance by Joey Chitwood at http://www.enter.net/~tdu/Places/Hillcl ... 07563.html.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Yeah, Mark Childs in the Jeep was lucky it looks and a skilled driver. He must have saved that because I heard nothing of that. Anyone know what happened that run??
Regards,

Tim Royer
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

Ditto on the photo comments. And ditto on sending pictures of Mark's near shunt to the press. Mark finished that run.
#7 ITC
tupdegrove
Novice

Re: Mark's Run

Post by tupdegrove »

Tim,

Thanks for not taking us for a ride in 5.

Regarding Mark's run, I was looking through the small viewfinder and the next thing you know, he was up on the side as you can see. Really don't know how he ended up on two wheels but there was nothing too out of the ordinary before that. It seemed like he was up a few seconds. You can see in the first picture that he is turning hard to the right. Yes, he did a great job at saving it as you can see in the second picture as the truck just landed with the weight on the left side. Yes, he continued the run as soon as he landed and I don't think he even stalled it.

There was another gentleman up on the high bank with a new Minolta, shooting multi-frames, that may have also captured Mark.
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Great job as per usual, Tim.

I was on the radio at Five. As Mark came in I saw there might be at best some sweeping, at worst, a flip...so I keyed the mike "One One Three ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...spun and continued!"
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn