Any news from Hershey ?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

Matt:

My Scirocco is Jack Weigand's old car. I rescued it from Virginia and brought it back to the hills.
#7 ITC
Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Post by Matt Green »

Ah yes, now it comes back to me...

I couldn't remember whether Joe and I were talking about Mark or Jack... Damn, I'm still too young to forget stuff like that this quickly...
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

It's not a matter of forgetting, just allocation of available resources.

This may be off the subject of hillclimbing but I forgot what we were discussing.
#7 ITC
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

Overall I had a great time! After the "fog" lifted on Saturday and I was able to see the hill on Sunday, I thought it was a fun hill! Was great to see everyone after a long winter...very long winter! :wink: I look forward to running the hill again next year...and hopefully do better.

My only recommendation would be to move tech to the hill to eliminate the logistical "off-loading and on-loading" of cars on/off trailers.
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
Tim Williams
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 07
Current Racecar: 1980 TRIUMPH TR7

Post by Tim Williams »

They had a early 60's police car that was from the Herhey Museum. And during breaks they would chase a Austin Healy(street car) up the hill with the sirens on. It would have been funnier if they chased Rich Rock during a run.....and actually caught him !!!! I thought it was a well run event. But racing there for the first time, i wish they had someone like Jim Cosner to show you the hill. also, no one explained how cars would be staged. Saturday wasn't a problem because as soon as you were done with your run, you just got back in line again. Sunday it was a different story because of the amount of cars running. But, i felt it ran smoothly. Helmets off to all organizers and support crew.
Tim Williams
#23 Triumph TR4
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

A cop did catch me at Mid-Ohio a few years ago. He pulled me over during a lunchtime parade lap!

He let me go with a warning. Actually, it was more of a threat...

Rich Rock
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Post by Ron Mann »

2002 Merlin Miller Tiger 47.920
2003 Stan Vann Caldwell 48.929
2004 Ken Taggart Eldon 45.645
2005 was Ken again...but I don't have his time yet
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

A good article and several pics from Hershey are in the Sept issue of Classic Motorsports magazine.

Rich Rock
svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Post by svann »

It is true that Hershey gets quality coverage in Classic Motorsports. Thanks to James Heine and the editors for giving our sport such great coverage. I hope that with the Blueridge Hillclimb DVD and these articles that a certain organization in Kansas might start to take notice. I think we're starting to see some new interest due to the new TT program.
Stan Vann