Best places to stay?

Do you want to get info on Hill Climbing or how you can become a driver? Post your questions here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

RallyCivic
Novice
Current Racecar: 93 Civic Hatch 2wd Rally Group 2

Best places to stay?

Post by RallyCivic »

Hi, I'm looking to test the waters of hill climbs coming from stage rally. I currently have a Rally America logged booked Group 2 93 Civic. Looking through the classing and results there is a rally naturally aspirated and turbo class. So I'll end up in the naturally aspirated class by myself most likely but oh well. With that I am traveling from Michigan to PA and looking for best places to stay near the hill climbs. I'll be most likely traveling with my wife and 2 kids so places that are family friendly are a bonus. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Mark Aubele
Novice

Re: Best places to stay?

Post by Mark Aubele »

What hills are you planning to attend? Most camp but there are usually hotels nearby.
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX
RallyCivic
Novice

Post by RallyCivic »

I'm looking at Weatherly, Pagoda, Duryea, and Polish mountain. It all depends of schedules of other events and what not but definitely planning on a couple of those. Google maps shows major chain hotels about 30 minutes away for most but I was wondering if there is a "goto" place or sponsor hotel.
rallynutdon
Novice

Post by rallynutdon »

There usually aren't any sponsored hotels (Giants does have one with a discount rate.) I'm sure if you post close to the date of the hill you want to attend we can make suggestions. BTW, I'm the only one running in the Rally Forced induction class (unless my son also runs my car). I'm in it for the fun and just compete against myself,
I sometimes look at he times of other similar cars. Any other question when you get closer to running an event, don't hesitate to ask.
RallyCivic
Novice

Post by RallyCivic »

Looking at the schedule Weatherly June 8th will be my first event out there. If you guys are flexible I'll enter rally forced induction because I'm in it for fun as well.
Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

Weatherly is a great hill for a first event. Welcome!
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX