Kumho V700 ~ what tire pressure?

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Oh so that was a camara run :lol: It did look very smooth. Turn 1 you could be another 20 feet in before braking. What I seen is in turn 1 halfway through put power back down. You should be drifting out into the left lane. That would be the fastest or faster way. Your exit in turn 1 is in the right lane. In the middle of the turn power down some you will see you'll drift out to the left. It is much faster by 1 sec.

I can't see you footage of the finish itself but from what i seen you look good at jump to finish. Cahoonas are a requirment :wink: Like I said, lookin great.

It took me years and years to nail every hill every year it changes or the car does.
Regards,

Tim Royer
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

lol ... I stopped the video right after the finish because I embarrass myself with all of my hooting and hollering in the car. I knew the run was clean and fast ... and I get a bit emotional with my cheering in-car :D

Fabio commented on the right lane exit of turn 1.

I'll be anxious for Fall Weatherly ;)
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
brandonl
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 79

Post by brandonl »

I'm almost afraid to ask but, what does the road do after the finish line you're crossing at 90ish?

Brandon
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

You have a very ... very few feet of straight and then it hooks left and goes down hill.

The curve is not something I feel I can take at full blast, so I find what feels safest to me is that as soon as I go across the finish, I get on the brakes extremely hard (car straight of course) and immediately get back on throttle to settle the rear-end down and gently accelerate through the curve.

It is important to scrub as much speed off as possible, but then you need to have the car planted for the turn ... as soon as I get through the curve I can slow down at my leisure.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Well what I do in the formula is just back off the throttle about 50%. I the Mustang or the Corvette I drove this weekend I back off all the way. You really should hit your brakes into that turn. At 90+ to 100 it can still be driven threw. You should be at the finish line itself in the right lane (prefefered) or just centered, then turn in to the left and stay inside for that turn after finish. I don't think there is much time to hit the brakes there safely before that turn after finish. When you get up to full throttle from jump to finish you will see what I mean.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

Hmm, I happen to remember having to go up the hill to retrieve Tim and his car as it rested on the embankment in turn one. LMAO :wink:

And Brandon, it is no joke that the sweeper before the finish is a real gut check. I am in 4th gear flat out through the sweeper crossing the line at about 4,500 rpm's. I usually take a deep breath going into there because it is fast without any runoff. After I cross the finish I just stap the brakes once really quick and let the car flow through the bend.
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Hmm, I happen to remember having to go up the hill to retrieve Tim and his car as it rested on the embankment in turn one. LMAO
Yeah, you can't take turn 1 flatout, trust me. But I was talking about at the finish line :roll: :lol:

See ya at Pagoda! (Pagoda, I remember running up to turn 5B a few years ago and help rolling a car back over to the shiney side up, who was that?) :shock: :roll: :wink:
Regards,

Tim Royer

Post by Guest »

I think I could use a V8.

Brian (w/ speeds no where close to you guys at the finish)
b yoder
Novice

Post by b yoder »

sorry...the "Guest" was me. It's definitely flat for me from the jump to the finish :)

It's that darn first turn I couldn't quite get all the way to the mat, w/o either a slight lift, or a quick left foot brake tap.