ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE

Post by dspgti »

Has anyone seen the latest internet craze about celebraties trying to raise awareness of ALS or Lou Gehrigs desease by dumping a bucket of ice water on themselves and then challenging other celebraties to do the same? Wish I would have known about this a few days ago.
What does this have to do with PHA you might ask?
PHA has floundered around trying to get some kind of charity to connect with to enhance awareness and stimulate contributions. The BMR Region and the Reading Hillclimbs have connected with the Pagoda Skyline and City of Reading with some success.
I'm sure most of those reading this forum won't know who I'm refering to, but years ago the BMR and PHA had a member by the name of Doug Hollinger. If you were active with these groups way back when, had a sports or foreign car and needed parts or help, you knew Doug. In my opinion, I never met a nicer more helpful, outgiong person to this day. I can't remember when he was diagnosed with ALS but as his health deteriorated he remained as a positive influence to anyone who surrounded him.
My challenge is this. In his honor, I recommend that PHA dedicate as a permanent charity to raise funds for the awareness and search for a cure to ALS.
Had I known of this before the weekend, I would have offered to allow anyone to dump a bucket of ice water on my head. Thats is for a donation. How many of you would taken me up on that challenge? lol
gmreider
Racer
PHA Permanent Number: 13
Current Racecar: SAAB 93 900S 86 900S

Re: ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE

Post by gmreider »

Well I'm old enough to remember Doug Hollinger. He worked for Joe Cam when they sold Morgans and Triumphs on Penn avenue . later he was at Charlie's Foreign car parts. I think you are on to a good idea there Dave.