Fuel Cells

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

TKnorr
Hall of Fame Member

Fuel Cells

Post by TKnorr »

Our PHA Committee on the reconciliation of the new Time Trial Rules and old ones is progressing. Before purchasing and installing a fuel cell because some think the new rules require it for certain GCR classes, wait until this aspect of the rules has been interpreted. Of course it is always a good idea to install a fuel cell regardless of the rules. Same applies to harnesses and their dating; wait for the rule interpretations.
Tom Knorr, PHA President
Tom Knorr
Speednation
Racer
Current Racecar: 4 Hondas and 1 Neon

Re: Fuel Cells

Post by Speednation »

Any news? I have spend time and money to prep my car so I can run in HP. A fuel cell and new harnesses would put the budget over the top. As soon as I know, I can plan out my season. I don't want to use my FSP car for the hills anymore as it is my daily driver, and took a real beating last year. I am hoping to hillclimb in 2014, but my HP CRX is my only race car for the season, so I need to know whether to plan for the hills, or just stay local and autocross in EP/DP.
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

I had the same question, and did not come out of the meeting with an answer. However, as per Dave Merritt, the question is being addressed and we should have an answer shortly.
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

There was a time that subjects like this would set me off. You all rmember?
But... check the rules. I'm a little out of touch. In Production, certain vehicles are already exempt on fuel cells if???? Check the GCR Mike.
GT? Grace might be another case. Good luck
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Just got the word today from our division program manager Matt Yip that there will be no change to our rules regarding fuel cells for the 2014 season.
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Rich, you're still looking into the 2 year expiration on SFI rated harnesses correct? I know you told me this when we talked, and I thought you said that we'd have a final answer by the next meeting at the end of March?
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

Grace, I just bought a set of FIA / SFI belts which are by the manufacturers label good thru 2018. Now as far as our Times Trial Committee goes I hope they are of a color that will pass inspection. My current belts are legal as of today but who knows what is on the horizon???? I just don't want to get to an event and someone say," well your belts are out of date because we changed the current rule 5 times and yesterday decided that your belts are no longer good." This new Times Trial Committee better soon get their "Shit" together, and not just about belts.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Check out the "time trials rules" thread in the "Hillclimb event info" section of the forum for an explanation of the belts date rule.
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

Mwilson wrote:Grace, I just bought a set of FIA / SFI belts which are by the manufacturers label good thru 2018. Now as far as our Times Trial Committee goes I hope they are of a color that will pass inspection. My current belts are legal as of today but who knows what is on the horizon???? I just don't want to get to an event and someone say," well your belts are out of date because we changed the current rule 5 times and yesterday decided that your belts are no longer good." This new Times Trial Committee better soon get their "Shit" together, and not just about belts.
Just hope I don't tech your car :P
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Mwilson wrote:Grace, I just bought a set of FIA / SFI belts which are by the manufacturers label good thru 2018. Now as far as our Times Trial Committee goes I hope they are of a color that will pass inspection. My current belts are legal as of today but who knows what is on the horizon???? I just don't want to get to an event and someone say," well your belts are out of date because we changed the current rule 5 times and yesterday decided that your belts are no longer good." This new Times Trial Committee better soon get their "Shit" together, and not just about belts.
Morg, if your new belts are not purple, you are probably out of luck :lol:
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

Grace, you crack me up! :lol: :lol: :lol: