Hill Climb in Northern Italy

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

acorazza
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 8
Current Racecar: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Hill Climb in Northern Italy

Post by acorazza »

Check out this video on YouTube. I can't believe he overtakes two cars at the end and that is allowed. We could never run a hill climb like this over here in the states. If you go off here I don't know what would happen but it wouldn't be pretty, not much run off. I don't like that they have to put up chicanes.

http://youtu.be/K3VBa8B4pPE
Mark Aubele
Novice

Re: Hill Climb in Northern Italy

Post by Mark Aubele »

Pretty sure I remember Jer telling me that if they caught someone at Mt. Washington they were supposed to overtake them. They also wouldn't stop if someone broke down or whatever.
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX
mckee
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 157
Current Racecar: McKee, Cooper, Kellison, 32 Ford Hi-boy

Post by mckee »

A 100 year old Peerless passed at least one (much newer) car during the 2004 Mt Washington hill climb. I was told the riding mechanic refused to ride back down the mountain with the driver. The Peerless was about the size of Butch King's semi tractor and had close to 1000 cubic inches. It beat the old 1904 record by 15 minutes. It had no roll bar, doors or seat belts. The highest part of the car was the driver's seat. Those were the days....

I watched it fishtail like a dirt modified through several turns from my vantage point in the holding area. It had to be seen to be believed.

Brgds,

Bob D'Amore
RallyKeith
Novice
Current Racecar: Isn't every car a race car????

Post by RallyKeith »

I just saw this come across my facebook on saturday. It's a little crazy because of how blind the corners are.

Keith