Pahillclimb.org is back

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Mazdahead
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 03
Current Racecar: 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE 13B,

Pahillclimb.org is back

Post by Mazdahead »

I have moved the PHA website back to its original location on Pahillclimb.org.
If you are reading this here, please follow this link to use the real site:
http://www.pahillclimb.org/phpBB/index.php
I will be working on updating the content and theme in the following few weeks so don't be surprised if it is down for a few minutes now and then.
Hopefully we will have a better working, easier to use, and more informative site moving forward.
I you see any content missing or misplaced please let me know by sending me an email to DLWit@comcast.net
Thanks for you patience.

Dale
Tim Royer
Novice

Re: Pahillclimb.org is back

Post by Tim Royer »

Did you renew .net address? It doesn't hurt to have as many as you can and point the index to .org or whatever name you choose. Google searches suffer if you keep changing names, retain them all it's not that expensive.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Mazdahead
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 03
Current Racecar: 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE 13B,

Post by Mazdahead »

I have been looking at what it takes to add a "donate button" on the PHA site where we could accept donations directly into a PayPal account.
This may be a good idea for the Polish Mountain donation idea.
I think it may be a nice thing to do for the skyline/BMR collaboration also?
All I need is these organizations to have such an account and have them supply me the account name and I can add links on the PHA site.

I apologize for the mess last nite from an account I approved on this forum.
As soon as I saw it happening I deleted their access and removed their posts.
The process that I have to go through is very time consuming since I get at least 50 new registrations a day, mostly automated sniffers and I need to review each one individually. I am looking into adding a character recognition add-in to the forum which will make it easier to manage and keep automated spammers from trying to register.
This will not impact existing accounts, but may make my life a bit easier.
This should prevent such incidents such as last nite from occurring ever again.
This was not a virus, but a spammer, no one was at risk of getting infected.

I have started a sandbox for a new look and feel as our current theme was really effected by the last upgrade.
Some new features, additional topics, and categories may appear.
Keep your eyes on our site for some new things coming down the road!

Dale Witman
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Character recognition is good and also look for a feature or mod that adds a question to registration. Example: What sanctioning body do we race under? SCCA

Make up a question that anyone visiting the site will know but spammers will not.

PayPal is easily setup with an email. I have a commercial and personal account. Commercial account gives you icons o Paypal that will link to your account and script type that links to your account. The 3%+ fee applies. You could also just do a personal account and have users send money as GIFT. No fees for either party this way as long as you have a bank account tied I to the PayPal account.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Xau
Novice

Post by Xau »

on my phpbb websites...
I ask 2 questions:
Are you a robot - default to yes
and
Which (surname) are you researching? (genealogy site)

that makes it fast to review, 99% of the surname are garbage, and the robot one for those always say Yes.

Mark