My Thoughts from Jefferson (2013 - 1st time)

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

RallyKeith
Novice
Current Racecar: Isn't every car a race car????

My Thoughts from Jefferson (2013 - 1st time)

Post by RallyKeith »

I just wanted to share that this was my first experience running Jefferson and I had great time. The track layout is challenging but at the same time very friendly. You don't have to worry about the trees and guard rails or crowns of the road surface. Surface does have a few spots to watch out for, like the bump just after the paddock exit as you enter the last turn and a patch in the breaking area of where you inside tires might be on turn-in for turn one, but nothing serious.

I really enjoyed the 3 laps. Gives you a chance to immediately fix a mistake or try something different. For someone who is also getting used to a different car this was awesome. I highly recommend this event for that fact alone.

Sunday got a little weird with run groups and seemed to turn into one never ending run with people just getting in line when they saw others from their run group on track. Not sure if something stopped working on the PA or if they gave up trying considering how you couldn't hear it very far into the paddock over the noise of the bikes on the big track and our cars on Jefferson. Hopefully that isn't a normal thing, but given that was the only thing that seemed to go wrong the entire weekend I'll take it.

It's also been almost 20 years since I was last at Summit Point which is long before about 80% of anything other than the main track existed. I forgot how much space is there for things like camping out.

I wasn't planning on coming back for the fall event originally, but now I am. This time though I'm bringing my camper and some beverages for once runs are over.

And most importantly a big thank you to the crew of BMR and all the workers for making the event go so well. As always they are the most important part of the event. With out them we wouldn't get to have any fun, so again thank you!

Keith Kennedy
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: My Thoughts from Jefferson (2013 - 1st time)

Post by Rich Rock »

The PA system stopped working Saturday evening and the guys from track maintenance weren't able to fix it on Sunday.

On Sunday afternoon, people seemed to be packing up earlier than usual, and the run groups got pretty small. With some of the "die hards" in two-driver cars, it wasn't always easy to determine which group was running.

Glad you had fun, Keith, and thanks for saying thanks!