Bumper's passing

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Bumper's passing

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

Yesterday I was told Bumper passed away on Sunday. VERY sad news, he was one of us, heart and soul. Bumper worked turnaround until he couldn't anymore. After that, he was always there supporting the racers and the race. A good man.

I send thoughts and prayers to his family. RIP, dear Bumper.

Mary Anne

Does anyone have any information on arrangements? I hope PHA will do something in his memory.

Thank you.
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Re: Bumper's passing

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

Stevevil provided the following information about Bumper's funeral arrangements:

Home News Sports Opinion Community Jobs Classifieds Customer Service
Ammon Hettler III
Published: April 15, 2013
April 14, 2013
Ammon Hettler III, 42, of Hazleton passed away Sunday in St. Luke Manor, Hazleton.
He grew up in Weatherly and was the son of Nancy (Schnaufer) Hettler-Meiser of Hazleton.
Ammon worked at United Rehabilitation Services of Hazleton.
As a boy he was a member of Boy Scout Troop 606, where he earned his First Class Award, the highest award in the special achievement program.
Surviving are his sisters and a brother, Tina Napolitano, Nancy George, Gail Christman, Sharon Morrison, Brian Hettler and Tami Tini; and aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.
Preceding him in death were his father, Ammon Hettler II; his brother, Troy Hettler; and his stepfather, Donald Meiser.
Friends may call Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. in Lamar Christ Funeral Home, Hometown. The funeral will be at 8 p.m. in the funeral home, with Pastor Barry Brown officiating.
Interment will be at the convenience of the family in Sky-View Memorial Park, Hometown.

It was the Weatherly Hillclimb where Bumper used to work turnaround. I didn't specify that before.
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

This is really sad news, and I will miss Bumper tremendously!

I first remember meeting him at turnaround and being pleased that he hung around afterwords so we could meet him properly! He always made me feel like a Rock Star in my VW. :-)

What a unique person. And what a privilege to have known him for the few short years I've been hillclimbing!

Damn, I'll miss him.

Grace
Last edited by gdh57 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

When PHA first took over running Weatherly, he was a big help. I remember not knowing exactly where to put the finish line & he showed me the marker pins on the side of the road. Always made sure he got one of the pottery pieces each year & my mom made him extra cookies as a thank you for working turnaround ( the station no one else wanted ). Lost one of my best meatball customers ! RIP, but not rest in peace - Run in Peace. Sue & Dave
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
PJM23
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 23
Current Racecar: Ashley (long nose) Sprite hills & road race. 323 Mazda "Skater" ice racing

Post by PJM23 »

Never knew his name nor he mine ,but always big smile when Sprite would start and alway a push when she didnt. Seemed to like talking with drivers ,glad he enjoyed himshelf playing with us ,with out workers like him we would never get to run . Thanks You ,thank you ,thank you !!! Pete