2012 PHA Banquet information

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

PitCrewLinda
Novice

2012 PHA Banquet information

Post by PitCrewLinda »

BANQUET INFORMATION, PLEASE PRINT!!!

Pennsylvania Hillclimb Banquet
The Theme this year is:
Erin go Braugh! Or “Forever Irish
November 10th, 2012

For the past several years, John Pitman and I have been involved and assisted others in organizing the past several Hill climb banquets. It involves quite a lot of time to make happen; but I don’t have the time to do it this year. John Pitman told Tom Knorr at the conclusion of last year’s banquet, “We'll help but we just want to back away from it in 2012" Someone else can do it.

After an inquiry by Dave Merritt this year at Polish Mountain Hillclimb it was obvious there needed to be a post to the forum. That’s where YOU all come in! It's up to you to make it happen.

The following has “worked in the past”; but in no way does it mean it has to be done like this again. Volunteers are needed to make the banquet party atmosphere so here is what I'd suggest for you to do:

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED:
1. Organizer for selling ads to sponsors. This helps to defray the cost to the individual meal ticket and pay for decorations. Last year, we sold enough to reduce the ticket sales cost by $5.00. This person will also send checks to John Pitman for depositing to the PHA account.

2. Organizer to plan the program’s agenda; coordinate, purchase and decorate the banquet room. This person will work with the graphics person to submit the program to them to put into the booklet.

3. Graphics person to create a program book the least expensive way you can. You’ll put the class winners into this and assemble ads. If no graphics are done, then a simple copy to hand out will keep the cost to a minimum.

4. Coordinator for a Slide show of the year’s events, special features or entertainment.

5. Master of Ceremonies

6. Usually we have money left over from the previous year to provide workers with a free ticket to the banquet; however, because of the number of workers and their guests who attended last year the available money is only $9.00. The advertising, patrons, drivers in the past have donated money to this fund and hopefully, we’ll receive it again this year.
Question: Should worker’s guest be free or should they pay?

7. Coordinator to create and Mail out invitations to drivers and workers for reservation with rsvp to be mailed to:
John Pitman, treasurer
P O Box 941, Carlisle, Pa. 17013

John will receive the checks and I will maintain reservations records keeping and communicate with the Holiday Inn banquet coordinator.

Please review and decide what functions you would like to do and post it to this forum topic so everyone knows. I will receive notice via this post on all replies and will be in contact with each volunteer to provide you with information as needed.

Thank you,
Linda Young Pitman
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

http://www.lindayoungwatercolors.com
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Re: 2012 PHA Banquet information

Post by FV95 »

I know it seems early, but I am a bit dismayed with the lack of response to Linda's post. At it really is NOT early...detailed planning must begin very soon. What she did not tell you is that she is a member of the board of directors of the Carlisle Arts Learning Center and Gallery here in Carlisle. That organization is having its annual fund raiser on 11/10 and she MUST be at that one. Thus, we have lost an important player in banquet planning.
So, think about if folks: The PHA needs some volunteers. Can you help out? With decorations? Seeking sponsorships/ads? A little PR work? Registration at the Banquet? Please see me at Duryea. If you cannot be at Duryea and/or want to ask questions outside of this forum, pls send me an email at jjpfoto@earthlink.net.
As Linda stated, I will handle the funds and we will keep a spreadsheet of reservations and meals requested.
Thank you,
John