Imports and Kit Car at Carlisle

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Imports and Kit Car at Carlisle

Post by dspgti »

A very under publisized event of National prominence is happening this weekend at the Carlisle Fairgrounds. You probably don't know it (or maybe you don't care) but there is a gathering of all kinds of enthusists, collectors, racers, wannabies and groupies of Imported, Replica and Kit Car affectiado types coming up at Carlisle, PA this weekend.
You will find a couple PHA members trying to unload their surplus (junk) parts or hanging out in the Race Car Corral or shopping for bargains.
Oh!, there is an Autocross going on a somewhat flat track layout. Kind of lame but it beats cones on a parking lot. (just my opinion)

Dave Y
camaroz1985
Novice
Current Racecar: 98 Subaru Impreza RS - SM

Re: Imports and Kit Car at Carlisle

Post by camaroz1985 »

I will be there doing tech and instructing at the autocross. If all goes to plan we will also be bringing our new Lemons car there to do a little shake down.
Ryan Hetrick
#308 SM
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Post by FV95 »

The Import Show went very well. Gordon W. and Joe C. represented the organization very well, and Joe did a great job trying to attract volunteers. Cars in the Race Paddock were Gordon's
FP VW, C.Reels Mini, J.Hoover's 914-6, LLong's Bradley, my FV...and I think I missed one. If so, watch for an additional post.
PHA reps at Carlisle Import Show
PHA reps at Carlisle Import Show
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Post by FV95 »

How could I forget the award winning Zlock/Foley Opel ? Sadly I do not have the details on the award, but whatever it was it was well deserved. The car drew a lot of appreciative attention.
Impeccable OPEL..Award winner
Impeccable OPEL..Award winner