Lipperini in One Lap

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Lipperini in One Lap

Post by GT1-hillclimber »

Checking out the daily reports from the Car and Driver http://www.caranddriver.com One Lap of America. Noticed our fellow hillclimber Joel Lipperini is with the GT40 team (car that is maintained and prepared by the Morecks), and doing well. Some motor troubles on day two. Hope they make it to the end, and go for the overall.

Also, Ron Adee (overall leader) raced with us at SnowShoe last year. Dang fast truck. 580 cube big block aluminum, 6 spd sequential, tube frame, carbon body truck. Very, very fast.

Mash
Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Post by Matt Green »

Ron is also quite a fast driver... Ask him about the 2003 One Lap in his Vette at Memphis. Something about full-throttle red-line in 4th in the RAIN, running the rain configuration at Memphis where the straight runs next to the grandstands, then chicanes onto the drag strip at the halfway point... I think he said something like 140mph crossing through the break in the wall for the switch...

There's also a few other local SCCA people involved in One Lap. Dave Teal (and Faye) are driving something (Dave is a Starter for MARRS and TRIRegion). I'm not sure if Scott Breneman (sp?) is running this year or not, but he has in the past (some may remember his 2002-2003 One Lap car at Duryea in 03).

And for those that don't know, Brock Yates, Jr., the organizer of One Lap, actually lives down in Phoenixville... He and his wife Cindy are expecting their first child in June, so I'm sure it's a busy time for him right now.

Sorry to babble, but there's the latest gossip :roll:
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?