What line am I driving in 2?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

What line am I driving in 2?

Post by mrevilracing »

I took video from turn 2 on Sunday. These were the 3rd run of the day. I will add more tonite as well as car numbers so you can just go to that vid if ya don't feel like watching everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwPZG_5O40Q <-------------Watch this
#82-38-17-187-75-92-73-103-130-39 <------------Cars in this order
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfwQL2rByjo <-----------Rinse and repeat here
#21-283-2-23-72-5-74-77-61-45 <---------Rinse and repeat again cause it's still dirty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi5VNVLOOeU <----------You know the drill by now
#308-B4-194-84-81-168-86-771-211-M7 <--------------I am NOT repeating!!!!!!!

Additions coming shortly, so I hope. If I didn't get your car, there is probably a good reason. I will make one up soon as I have time to think of it.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
mrevilracing
Novice

Re: What line am I driving in 2?

Post by mrevilracing »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T23PeMWAm4E
#91-171-47-911-19-156-08-16-007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8jpx3vl_3o
New England S1-119-1-38-42-Butch-192-031-80-172
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dL-rh5myyw
#87-65-57-60-L8-90-41-03-68-66
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwTTkAuWTiE
#18-13-111-77-16-17-251-91-44

So there ya have it. If I missed your number or didn't get it, it's cause I couldn't see it in the vid and was too lazy to look you up. So too bad!
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
sdwarf36
Novice
Current Racecar: mod-lite

Post by sdwarf36 »

Thanks a bunch for shooting + posting-great angle and camera work.

Sherman--aka: New England S-1 aka: that little blue car 8)
WWW.HILLCLIMB.ORG

Our Safer barriers are the mossy side of the trees...
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

sdwarf36 wrote:Thanks a bunch for shooting + posting-great angle and camera work.

You're welcome! You slid around 1 every single time. What a hoot to watch that car in wonder as it just rocketed around the corners and up the straight. Loved it!!!!

We had a great time watching everyone. This was the 1st time I actually got to watch every single car go up. If your car is broken, get your butt to a corner and work the whole day. Sucks not to drive, but I gotta tell ya, it was really interesting to see what car did what and where.

Bob D'Amore and George Bowland....your cars were leaving a huge wake of air when you guys went by. I was bummed I didn't get JUST the shockwave that came off the wings and blew the branches and leaves around for like 20' above the car. Absolutely awesome!!!

Richard Good - that car just works! I think you were 1 of 3 that were early on the throttle in 2. Very impressive.

Sue - LOVE the grace that car has! Simply beautiful to watch it come thru 1. Grinding into 2 was predictable and whether or not you are fighting that steering wheel, the car did great.

Chuck and MaryAnne - LOL! That car is something else. I have to say I was TOTALLY impressed to watch it do a back end slide thru 2. I think my jaw almost hit the ground to see it. NEVER thought I would. Very cool!!!

Morg - Hmm.....well, ya had me thinking we were gonna pull you out of 1 several times. There were about 4 drivers that went that deep onto what looked like the shoulder of the left lane when exiting. And the brake, back end slide into 2 had me thinking we were gonna be pulling you off the outside of 2. But, you held it like a true racer and did what had to be done in order to rocket thru that corner. Awesome.

White evo - hopefully you got that brake line/bleeder or whatever resolved. Would have loved to see you tear up the track. Another time I guess.

Dan, Adrienne and MIke - What can I say. I was extremely F'n jealous I couldn't run!!!!!! You guys looked great but I'm not gonna boost YOUR ego too big cause I can't even talk about mine!!! Good grief. LOL!

Tom Knorr - You were following the same line Morg was on the exit of 1. I had the same thoughts of having to possibly run down there and help pull you out. Thanks for staying out of there.

Keith Bower - Nice! Like Richard Good, you were on that throttle EARLY in 2. I don't know where to be in your car as far as a line is concerned, but it was tight and straight out of 1.

Keith Gerhart - LOL! Never thought I would ever see a Fiero do a nice, contolled slide thru 1. Hahahaha! Very cool indeed.

Adolf - I wanna see some wings on that car!!!!! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang has NOTHING on your lovely Lotus 7. Beautiful to watch.

Brian - if you could get traction in the GT-1 car, you'd have a rocket ship!!

Bob Ozwald Jr - that Miata flies up the hill. You had almost the same line as Morg and had me thinking we were coming down there for you too. Very nice car control thru there and 2.

I'm tired of typing. If I didn't mention you, don't be offended. I have notes on everyone almost. LOL! We really did have a great time and will do it again someday.

Oh, Joe Cybert - OMG is that car awesome!!!! Not to mention, I couldn't tell if it was you, Bob D'Amore or Brian Haleki(proper spelling????) leaving the start line. And thanks for getting so much support from the town of Weatherly for us. See you in the spring.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

sdwarf36 wrote:Thanks a bunch for shooting + posting-great angle and camera work.

After watching the videos thru one "that little blue car" looked pretty freakin big to me! Probably one of the 5 best lines thru that turn. Also the line and speed thru 2 was nice to watch. Nice Job Sherman. As I told you at the top you had a Great weekend. By the way I missed the dog.
camaroz1985
Novice
Current Racecar: 98 Subaru Impreza RS - SM

Post by camaroz1985 »

My car is really quiet!

Nice you were able to capture Hunter's "off". I'm sure he will want to relive that :)
Ryan Hetrick
#308 SM
Hunter
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 168

Post by Hunter »

I did want to see what happened there. I'm glad someone caught it on tape. Thanks Steve!
Mary won't watch it. :(
#168 SMF Honda Civic
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

I started corner working around 1980, Sue and Dave got me addicted, and now you know I'm old. I also served in the very noble and prestigious position of "pit bunny" when Sue road raced. lol! Steve, you have said what I told Chuck when he first started corner working - you get to see and learn a lot by working a corner. I had to drag Chuck's cute butt to work that first corner, but once he worked a few events he "enjoyed" seeing the lines and helping if there was an incident.

The video is great! Just wished it was 1251, not 251 in the video! AKA: driver ego! :lol:

I also was happy to see #1251 going through the Wall - turn #3 at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5UJx_Ak ... re=related

On a personal note, Chuck and I were happy to be back in the "saddle" again! Oh how I've missed running the hills!! Hopefully we will run some more hills next year now that the tow vehicle is working again.
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
sdwarf36
Novice
Current Racecar: mod-lite

Post by sdwarf36 »

Mwilson wrote:

After watching the videos thru one "that little blue car" looked pretty freakin big to me! Probably one of the 5 best lines thru that turn. Also the line and speed thru 2 was nice to watch. Nice Job Sherman. As I told you at the top you had a Great weekend. By the way I missed the dog.
Thanks Morgan for the compliments. I gotta give credit to Kurt for correcting my line thru 1-good thing they filmed after lunch on Sunday. :)
We missed having the pooch along too-but after Pagoda we figured we better do some recon before bringing her along to a new hill.

Now--does anyone have any pics from the jump??
WWW.HILLCLIMB.ORG

Our Safer barriers are the mossy side of the trees...