Jefferson "Horizontal Hillclimb"

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

Jefferson "Horizontal Hillclimb"

Post by Rich Rock »

This is a BMR event, and several BMR members who usually help make things happen at our events won't be there. Others will be racing on the main track that weekend and will only be available to help out as time permits. It's always a challenge to get enough corner workers at Jefferson and this weekend will be no different.

Sooooo, please try to find some time to help out with things like morning setup, afternoon teardown, party setup and cleanup, etc. And, please try to bring someone who can work a corner. Some years ago we didn't have enough corner workers at Jefferson and the drivers ended up working corners. That really slows down the event. Please, let's not let it come to that again.

Rich Rock
DaveM
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 73
Current Racecar: White Rabbit

Re: Jefferson "Horizontal Hillclimb"

Post by DaveM »

Rich,

I can help with setup, teardown, setup, cleanup, etc. What time can we enter the facility on Friday?

Dave M
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Thanks Dave! I'll count on you.

The rental agreement says we get the track starting at 6pm Friday. Last fall they didn't let us in until a little after 6. This spring we got in around 5. When we get in seems to depend largely on when the people renting the track on Friday leave. One thing they have made clear is they don't want people showing up early Friday afternoon.

I'm going to be talking to the track management soon.. I'll try to find out if the track is being used on Friday. And, I'll ask if we can stay over Sunday night. It hasn't been a problem in the past, but I need to ask.

Rich
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Hi Rich:

Did you find anyone to help with pit out yet? I don't think Keith is going to make it this weekend. He hasn't decided completely yet, so maybe you should call him tonight and talk about eggplant :)

Grace
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The "Pit Out" (starter) position has not been filled. I think Matt Green will be there in the morning to train someone, but if it isn't going to be Keith, I don't know who it will be. Gordon will be racing on the main track and won't be available. This would be a great time for someone to "step up".

Speaking of food, here's what's planned for the weekend: Pizza, wings, and hot dogs and chips will be provided to all workers and officials for lunch on Saturday and Sunday. For everyone else on Saturday only, we will have hot dogs and chips IF and only IF someone can make a grill appear on the deck and see that the dogs get cooked. Everyone invited to dinner on Saturday. Grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, cole slaw, bread and butter. I might have ordered baked beans too, but I can't remember. No dessert ordered, so it would be great if some people bring desserts to share.

Sunday lunch will be whatever is left over from Saturday. As I mentioned earlier, pizza and wings for workers and officials.

Rich Rock
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Saturday night - are you grilling the chicken or is it some kind of take-out like in the past? Just wondering since you said you needed a grill for lunch. Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The chicken and the rest of the dinner is coming from KFC in Charlestown. It will be their "tender grill" style instead of the fried stuff we have had in the past.

Rich
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Rich - I was planning on cooking all 3 nights, so our grill will be there for Saturday if needed. Find out if you ordered beans for dinner. If not, I'll make some for lunch with the dogs. Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Thanks, Sue! Beans have been ordered, but hey, if you want to make some anyhow....

Track manangement told me this afternoon that the track will be in use on Friday and that we should expect to get in around 6pm. Also, the track is rented for Monday. We may stay over Sunday night but we MUST be out of there EARLY Monday am. No later than 7:30.

Rich
John
Novice

Post by John »

just wanted to say hi to everyone we miss you all and hope all is good for everyone checked out the results from reading WOW what a turn-out good job BMR (way 2 go Jer) drop us a line if your ever coming to an event @ New Jersey Motorsports Park
Working a Corner Near You
miniacmike
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 19
Current Racecar: 2nd 84'Camaro,85'camaro,99 camaro
A family that crashes togather stays togather!

Post by miniacmike »

Hey Rich, my buddy Trevor is willing to do pit out. Both Matts know him and he should be able to do a good job. Also Donna is bringing some kind of desert/treat. See you Friday!
2nd 84 camaro,85 camaro, 99 Camaro, 04 vette
Trees taste good
Occasional novice instructor
Mike Robinson
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Okay, THANKS!!

Rich
McDallion
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 43

Post by McDallion »

Certain un-named individuals were discharging fireworks from the tops of the Jersey barriers is the Jefferson pits. Upon investigation it was learned they were not wearing their Nomex, helmets with face shields or gloves. They did have a box of fireworks right below the stuff being lit. If there was a safety steward present he was not listed in the supps for this function. I thought our display was superior to the answering fire form turn one. The opening barrage from Shenendoah represented a threat to our status that could only be answered with superior force.
Don
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

PHA just does it better, especially if we don't get the saftey stewards involved.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

McDallion wrote:... they were not wearing their Nomex, helmets with face shields or gloves. They did have a box of fireworks right below the stuff being lit.
Don
You have the first part of that correct, but as to the allegation that the box of unlit fireworks were right below the stuff being lit, well that was only for the very first one. :shock: The rest of the display was done with the box a safe distance from the "action".

Anonymous
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

I should have done this days ago. I want to thank EVERYONE who helped make Jefferson happen. It was nice to see so many people chipping in to get things done.

Thanks again!
Rich Rock
McDallion
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 43

Post by McDallion »

I have posted pictures from Fall Jefferson at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcdallion/ ... 802486989/
Don