I need help with classing...

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

s4racing
Novice

I need help with classing...

Post by s4racing »

Hey guys not 100% sure I am going to run Duryea, but if I do one choice may be to bring my Silver Audi. It is a 2000 Grand Am Cup car with the same drive train as the Yellow car. There are a few differences and this car will not be as fast, but for the most part they are the same. What choices do I have for classes ? How old does a car have to be for historic ? What are the rules for Rally class ? Does SPO allow AWD ? Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Bill III
acorazza
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 8
Current Racecar: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Re: I need help with classing...

Post by acorazza »

Hey Bill,
For Rally class you would have to follow Rally America rules that are found here. http://www.rally-america.com/rules.php You probably don't want to do that because that would require the turbo restrictor. Which I'm sure you are familiar with from running NASA Rally New York. If you have an interior in that car Street Modified would be a class that car would probably fit into instead. Anyone else with any input?
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

Bill, you could run ITE in that car also. Or maybe STU/0.

I hope you can make it.
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
camaroz1985
Novice
Current Racecar: 98 Subaru Impreza RS - SM

Post by camaroz1985 »

You should bring the new car :)
Ryan Hetrick
#308 SM
s4racing
Novice

Post by s4racing »

Thanks guys. Not that I care nor am I complaining but some of the cars that run rally class do not conform to strict rally rules. I considered running the rally car But I am just concerned about falling asleep on the way up the hill. The 1.8T just is not a 2.7TT. Speaking of the rally car I thinking of selling it. If anyone is interested in it just let me know. It is 100% ready to be entered in it's next rally with plenty of spares. It's a great car, but I think I am starting a new project with Audi of America. I'll give you more details when I know for sure.

I will see you guys next week. I will be taking an RV to park in the camping area so stop by for a cold one or two.
s4racing
Novice

Post by s4racing »

And yes I would love to bring the new car, but I need to spend some more time in it before I put any hills on the schedule . I also think I may need my balls to mature and grow for another season lol It's going to be a great car it's just a project that needs to be well planed and thought out. I am planning on using it for Jefferson !
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Oh c'mon Bill. It's 2.5 miles to get you familiarized with the car. Another 2.5 miles and you're feeling comfortable. 2.5 miles after that and you're READY! 4th run would be awesome.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
s4racing
Novice

Post by s4racing »

LOL even though the car is complete and in pretty good shape there are a few things that need to be addressed. Believe me I think about what it will be like everyday, but I want to try and do it right the first time.
camaroz1985
Novice
Current Racecar: 98 Subaru Impreza RS - SM

Post by camaroz1985 »

Probably for the best. Not like you can go down the street and pick up a new one at the dealer if something happened to it (or worse if something happened to you).

But to try to help you with classing, does it have any interior? If so run SM. If not I would think that SPO would be your class according to the (brief) information found here here and in the GCR (page 72).
Ryan Hetrick
#308 SM
s4racing
Novice

Post by s4racing »

Thanks for all of the help. It seems like STO was designed for Ex world challenge cars. I am getting the car ready now and I will see you all this weekend.
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

s4racing wrote: I am getting the car ready now and I will see you all this weekend.
I will believe it when I see it!!