Rose Valley Hillclimb

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

TKnorr
Hall of Fame Member

Rose Valley Hillclimb

Post by TKnorr »

The Rose Valley Hillclimb will most likely not occur this year. I have had a number of discussions with members of the Trout Run Fire Company which have led to this conclusion. I have not been able to get in touch with Matt Rowe, however, he is the only one who can officially cancel the event.
Tom Knorr, PHA President
Tom Knorr
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Re: Rose Valley Hillclimb

Post by Matt Rowe »

Well, I had hoped to connect with Tom before announcing this, but since you have brought it up. . .

There has been much discussion about the condition of the hill after heavy rains and flooding. Larry Long was also able to complete a hillclimb site inspection to get an official judgment and unfortunately the hill is not in suitable condition to run this year. The locals are working on pushing for repaving and hope to have sufficient repairs or repaving done for next year but it is unfortunate that we won't be there in 2010.
~Matt Rowe
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Damned shame. 2 years in a row.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Mazdahead
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 03
Current Racecar: 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE 13B,

Post by Mazdahead »

I agree Steve, Rose Valley was at the top of my list of favorite events.
I sure hope it is not lost forever!
If there is anything the PHA or we as individuals can do to make this event return, please let us know.
I will do anything in my power to help.
John
Novice

Post by John »

:(
Working a Corner Near You
Matt Clark
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 49
Current Racecar: RTJ-02 Formula Vee

Post by Matt Clark »

If I may offer another opinion/update.....

PennDOT has done work to the road, and I think it would indeed be perfectly usable with absolutely minimal work. The asphalt is fine, it's a bit of the gravel shoulders that washed out.

Unfortunately, local politics do not seem to have improved. So needless to say, I am not a happy neighbor here and most likely the most upset PHA member.

~Matt (FV49)
~Matt (FV #49)
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Matt Clark wrote:
Unfortunately, local politics do not seem to have improved. So needless to say, I am not a happy neighbor here and most likely the most upset PHA member.

~Matt (FV49)
And you can't change local politics. Without knowing what the issue is, we can't offer a solution. And who knows, we may not be able to assist with a solution anyway.

Until this situation improves, I think we should look to insert a different hillclimb into the series and keep it at 9. There was some discussion going on on the racepa site as well as here. I don't think we should give up on Rose Valley, I just think we need to have an alternative. Hopefully, the Rose Valley issue will be resolved by next year.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Matt Clark
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 49
Current Racecar: RTJ-02 Formula Vee

Post by Matt Clark »

Oh, I would definitely not give up on Rose Valley.... just don't get too excited right now. It's like the Hatfields vs. McCoys up here sometimes. I think if we would be allowed just a few feet at the base of a particular property for a footpath, and park spectators or whatever along the road past the turnaround, I think we could make it happen. Then again, I'm an optomist.
~Matt (FV #49)
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Don't get me wrong. I would love to run Rose Valley again. I didn't go nearly as fast as I want on that hill so I deffinitely want several more shots at it. My thoughts for alternates were 'just in case'.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!