Jefferson...which way??

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

What direction do you prefer to run at Spring Jefferson?

Counter-clockwise and Clockwise for 2 event points for the weekend
44%
Counter-clockwise like Fall Jefferson for 1 event points for the weekend
6%
Clockwise both days to complement the Jefferson event for single points
44%
No preference
6%

Total votes: 16

Tim Royer
Novice

Jefferson...which way??

Post by Tim Royer »

Hi all,

What direction do you prefer to run at Spring Jefferson?

Counter-clockwise and Clockwise for 2 event points for the weekend. This is what we ran last year.

Counter-clockwise like Fall Jefferson for 1 event points for the weekend.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Post by Matt Green »

BTW all,

Let's remember that if we go one direction both days, we get more runs, since we don't need Touring runs the second day...
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?
Rich Sweigart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 5
Current Racecar: Womer EV-1 Fvee
Reynard 84FF
Porsche 924
Hyper 600 micro sprint
Delcraft micro stock

Post by Rich Sweigart »

I thought the same thing as Joe did, that Jefferson was going to be one direction, opposite of the Fall event.

The double points is nice if, you can make the event; otherwise, it puts you in a huge hole if, you can't.

Rich
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

I think clockwise both days is the way to go. Since we can only run it counter in the fall.
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
jgrausa
Novice

Jefferson - direction

Post by jgrausa »

I am in favor of CW one day and CCW the other. One direction for both days can become boring.

As for familiarization runs, we may actually get more total seat time by doing a familiarization run on Sunday as well as Saturday. You will get more "timed" runs on a Sunday if eliminating a familiarization run, but actually time on the track can be greater using a familiarization run (although not all of that time will be "at speed"). This is because there are more cars on the track during the familiarization runs.

Another consideration would be to count the weekend as "1" point, totaling your best CW time and your best CCW time.

My .02
Regards,
Joe Rausa
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Jefferson

Post by Sue Salsburg »

I know I'm a broken record on this subject but I don't think ANY event should count for double points, especially when it isn't even a HILL!!! The whole idea was originally just a gimmick to get more drivers to a far away event & make $$$ Don't care which way you run it but no double points. Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Re: Jefferson - direction

Post by Steve Tumolo »

jgrausa wrote:
As for familiarization runs, we may actually get more total seat time by doing a familiarization run on Sunday as well as Saturday. You will get more "timed" runs on a Sunday if eliminating a familiarization run, but actually time on the track can be greater using a familiarization run (although not all of that time will be "at speed").

The problem with thinking of this as "Seat Time" is that there is always going to be a car or two that is going REALLY slow. Not to mention I remember last year being behind someone who was really scary and not safe by any means.
When we only run one direction each day what happens if there is an "incident" ? Now you only get three sessions in one direction because clean up took 45 minutes.
Spring is the only chance we have to run Clockwise that is way I say we should give each event it's own idenity.
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Jefferson- which way?

Post by Joe Foering »

Spring ahead (clockwise), Fall back (counterclockwise)...sounds like a plan.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Hi all,

We will be going clockwise both days. After speaking to a few drivers that was what we desided to do for this year. Sorry, my bad.

It will be better going one way both days because of not having to run touring Sunday.

Details coming soon about the event. I should have a menu next month for you all to start drooling :lol:
Last edited by Tim Royer on Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Joe Foering
Novice

jefferson- which way?

Post by Joe Foering »

Now I'm confused. Do you mean Spring Jeff. will race the OPPOSITE way from the Fall Jeff.? i.e. Spring one way, Fall the other? By my reckoning, counterclockwise- as you stated- is the same as we run in the Fall. (I hate getting old!)
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Sorry I mean clockwise.

Thanks Joe.
Regards,

Tim Royer
TKnorr
Hall of Fame Member

Post by TKnorr »

:D
It does not matter to me how the event is run or how many points are awarded, however, at least the points part should be discussed at our meeting this Saturday, April 2.
Tom Knorr
Tom Knorr
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Jefferson which way?

Post by Mwilson »

Why don't we run clockwise the first hour, then counter clockwise the second hour. If the second hour runs into lunch then we flip a coin to see what direction we run in the afternoon. Heads counter clockwise, Tails clockwise. If its heads we run counterclockwise for a half hour then clockwise the next half hour. If tails do the opposite. Now if the weather is bad run counterclockwise until the rain stops and then clockwise when the sun appears. If the sun doesn't come out we flip another coin to see which way we would have went if the sun would have come out. Now as far as points go we could award points in both directions on Saturday, and not give any on Sunday unless the weather is good and the temp. is above 80 degrees. Then we could give points one way on Saturday and the other on Sunday. I really like this idea and I think it would really make the event go alot smoother. Hope you all agree.
All kidding aside I don't care if we run in circles I'm just looking forward to seeing all of my fellow hillclimbers and friends again. After last year I'm just happy if my car is allowed to compete. Really looking forward to the event no-matter how we run.
Morgan
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

Morgan you are the best bud. Clock-wise all weekend is what it will be. As far as points that is up to all of you. My opinion would be to score it as 1 event AKA 10 points for first ect.

The double points were nice but it was designed to increase attendance. But hey, if I have to twist your arm to eat great, have fun, and race all weekend then it's not as great of weekend as you all say it is. :wink:

My vote would be to leave the (points) as a single event.
Last edited by Tim Royer on Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Joe Foering
Novice

Jefferson- which way?

Post by Joe Foering »

Now that all is said and done...Spring Jefferson will be a single points event (like all others) to be run in a clockwise direction (the OPPOSITE of Fall Jeff.) both days, and I can't wait!