The NEW Weatherly course

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

The NEW Weatherly course

Post by mrevilracing »

Wow! It's fast. My take on it is that it's the same course as before it was paved with 2 exceptions: First, after the jump, when you enter turn 6, you have to watch the little bump on the shoulder. Seems enough to unsettle the car and possibly make you spin. Second, after the finish, there is a height transition between the left lane and right. Not too bad but enough to maybe make the car pull one way or the other.

The course is great. Fast. Smooth. Did I say fast? No reason to have any records standing after Spring Weatherly '10. They should ALL be broken with ease. Go get 'em!

A big thanks to the entire Weatherly crowd. From the police to the firemen to the ambulance drivers to the townsfolk to the vendors to all that were involved with improving this event. I told Joe Cybert I was coming to break my record by lunch on Saturday and due to the course being SO good, I had it broken on my 1st run. I couldn't have done that with the course in it's previous condition. We are really hoping to be back for Spring Weatherly. As long as the car is ready by then, we'll be there.

The pit return road and layout, I thought, was pretty good. The only drawback was the material being drug all over the place. I'm sure that will get worked out by spring and that'll make it even faster! Thanks again, Joe, for all your hard work and to all that helped. Awesome, awesome job.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
John
Novice

Re: The NEW Weatherly course

Post by John »

Great weekend @ Weatherly!!!! Here is the link for the local news coverage. http://www.wylntv.com/ click the watch online then go to the Monday 5 o'clock show its about 38 minutes into the show
Way to go Jeramey and to all the Drivers and Workers !!!!
Working a Corner Near You