Duryea Hillclimb Stuff

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

Duryea Hillclimb Stuff

Post by Rich Rock »

I want to remind everyone that we have a limit of 100 entries at Duryea. Based on the turnout we have seen this season, it seems quite possible that we will reach that number. And remember that unless you submit payment, you are not a confirmed registration, and entry is limited to the first 100 confirmed... yada yada blah blah. Sooo, register early! :)

More stuff coming as we get closer.

Rich Rock
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: Duryea Hillclimb Stuff

Post by Rich Rock »

Talking to Skip (CJ's Tire) at setup yesterday and he tells me that he wants to offer a prize to every driver who sets a new class record. So, if you set a new class record, you will get a $50 gift card good at any CJ's location. Thanks, Skip!

Party will be at Shearer's. Dinner at 6:30. We still need door prize and auction donations. Please try to contribute.

Thanks!

Rich Rock
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The back road leading to the firetower from Angora Road has been cleared of debris and will be open for the weekend. You can drive a motorhome up and down this road, and I could drive my TVR on it, it's in that good shape.

Rich Rock
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Rich Rock wrote:The back road leading to the firetower from Angora Road has been cleared of debris and will be open for the weekend. You can drive a motorhome up and down this road, and I could drive my TVR on it, it's in that good shape.

Rich Rock
If I'm understanding correctly, this was the old return road, right? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

Rich Rock wrote:Talking to Skip (CJ's Tire) at setup yesterday and he tells me that he wants to offer a prize to every driver who sets a new class record. So, if you set a new class record, you will get a $50 gift card good at any CJ's location. Thanks, Skip!

Party will be at Shearer's. Dinner at 6:30. We still need door prize and auction donations. Please try to contribute.

Thanks!

Rich Rock
Thats really great that Cj's is putting up some prizes.

Is there a way to buy extra dinner tickets for crew?
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Extra dinner tickets will be sold at registration $10 each (way too cheap)
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

Mel Horn wrote:If I'm understanding correctly, this was the old return road, right? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

That was pretty convenient at Polish Mouintain as it gave lots of time to relax and socialize between runs.
Thought I would kick it back up for you...
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

I believe it was used as a return road. Before my time.

It's decent but not good enough for cars like sports racers and others with very little ground clearance. And with all the houses that now line what would be the remainder of the return route, well,I don't see it happening.

Rich Rock
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

There will be tire contingency prizes, same deal as at Pagoda. Thanks to Toyo, Hankook and CJ's!

You MUST sign up at registration to be entered for a prize.

Rich Rock
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Quite a bit of effort goes into soliciting door prizes, not to mention the transporting, displaying, and drawing of tickets at the Saturday night Pagoda and Duryea parties. Having heard virtually zero feedback about door prizes this year has me wondering if it's worth the effort. Are the prizes too crappy to care about or what?

Rich Rock
Tim Williams
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 07
Current Racecar: 1980 TRIUMPH TR7

Post by Tim Williams »

Are you kidding me?!? My ticket was called around twenty something, and i got the best door prize that was there......the Triumph hat! :D
Thanks Bill Shields.
I'd rather push my Triumph, than drive an MG !
H1 Opel Ascona
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 212
Current Racecar: 1971 Opel Ascona

Post by H1 Opel Ascona »

My ticket was never pulled so Rich said anyone who did not get a door prize could come up and pick something that was left on the table. I got a can of spray lube and I was thrilled. I think the quality of door prizes is very good and I am happy whether I get anything or not. Just watching people go up and pick something adds to the fun of the weekend. Everyone's contributions are much appreciated!

Duane
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The Toyo Nationals (big drag racing event at Maple Grove dragstrip) has been rescheduled for some weekend other than Duryea weekend starting 2010. (Oct. 7-10) What this means for Duryea is, there should be more, and maybe cheaper? lodging available in the Reading area, and we should be able to get even better media coverage.

Rich Rock
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Rich Rock wrote: And with all the houses that now line what would be the remainder of the return route, well,I don't see it happening.

Rich Rock
FWIW, most if not all of those houses on Angora Rd were there in the '70s or even before...
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn