Indy Car part at Duryea Party Auction

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Indy Car part at Duryea Party Auction

Post by dspgti »

Team Penske has again donated a part from the #3 Helio Castroneves' Indy Racing League, Honda/Dellara, raced at Kansas. The autographed, damaged front wing was broken off when Helio got into the back of (correction) Mario Morias. Helio, started from the rear, having been sent there after a qualifying infraction. He was hard charging to the front when Viso checked up and got into his back. Helio finished 2nd. There is a letter of authenticity and photographs documenting the part and incident.
This item along with some other interesting items will auctioned off during the Duryea Party Saturday night. All procedes go to the Pagoda Skyline Association.

I have pictures and documents but I can't figure out how to post them. If any one is interested in seeing them before the party, send me an email. dspgti@aol.com

Also, other donations for the auction or door prizes would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Y
Last edited by dspgti on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: Indy Car part at Duryea Party Auction

Post by dspgti »

Here's one photo.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Way to go Dave! Thanks! I just hope that people don't think, "gee I can't donate anything that compares to that, so I won't donate anything"

Hey, whatever it is, it doesn't even need to be car-related! Please try to help out.

Thanks,

Rich Rock, Chairman Duryea Hillclimb
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Well, I still have the hood from the GTI I rolled at DHC in'99.
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

If there is anyone that can't make the party and would like to bid on the Helio Castroneves part, please let me know and we will assign a proxy bidder for you. Let me know by Friday by phone at 609-517-3129.

Dave Y.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The picture doesn't do justice to this part. It's very cool!

Rich Rock
wrxtypr
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 555
Current Racecar: 96 Impreza 2dr turbo

Post by wrxtypr »

I should be bringing used/signed Bill Auberlen driving gloves and shoes from older sports cars. The gloves were used at Le Mans in 98 driving to 4th place overall in a GT1 class McLaren F1 GTR long tail and the shoes were used 99/00 seasons behind the BMW V12 LMR sports car in the American Le Mans Series.
PHA car #555
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Thanks Matt!

Face it folks, this is about as close to owning an Indy car or racing at LeMans most of us are going to get :D

Rich Rock
Jim Leininger
Novice
Current Racecar: A transmission

Post by Jim Leininger »

I'll be donating a spare copy of RACING AND SPORTS CAR CHASSIS DESIGN by Costin and Phipps, the same Costin from Lotus who's name gave us Cos-worth. (out of print since the mid 70's)

Maybe also a framed RACING HISTORY, REINVENTED poster from the 2005 return of open wheel racing at the Glen, dunno, just dug it out and am getting re-attached to it.(Mario's JPS Lotus superimposed with Buddy Rice's modern Indy car in the same corner)

Gotta dig around a little more.