Joe Foering

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

TKnorr
Hall of Fame Member

Joe Foering

Post by TKnorr »

Today Joe Foering underwent major surgery at the Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown. I talked to his wife Joane this evening and he was still under the effects of the sedation. Those who would like to wishJoe well, please send cards to the following:
Joe Foering
502 East Linden Street
Fleetwood, PA 19522
Keep your thoughts and if so inclined your prayers for Joe.
Tom Knorr
Tom Knorr
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Re: Joe Foering

Post by mrevilracing »

Thanks for notifying us Tom.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

Tom,

Thanks for letting us know. Was it his back or something else?

Thanks,
Steve
Dogpatch
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 08

Post by Dogpatch »

Steve
It was something else...

Kurt
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Nancy and I went to see Joe today. We both think he is doing well, or best as can be expected after having major abdominal surgery. All we know is it was a mass but not the specifics. When they want to volunteer that info, we will certainly listen. Our main goal today was to go up and cheer him and Joanne up and offer any assistance they need.

He's still extremely tired, as you can imagine, but still managed to smile and chat. We spoke briefly about Giants and the Pagoda over the weekend thing. Keep your fingers crossed. Joanne said the doctors seemed optimistic about recovery so we're gonna go with that.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
s4racing
Novice

Post by s4racing »

Hey Joe, hope all is well !!! :D
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Update: We went to see Joe again last night. He's looking much better and due to be home this weekend at the latest.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

mrevilracing wrote:Update: We went to see Joe again last night. He's looking much better and due to be home this weekend at the latest.
Thanks for the update.
Speednation
Racer
Current Racecar: 4 Hondas and 1 Neon

Post by Speednation »

Joe - we will really miss you at Polish Mountain next weekend, but you will be there in spirit. I hope that you are feeling better and that you just went though the worst of it. I will find a cocky novice trying to slip through tech, and give them a hard time for you. Hugs to Joanne - from Mike and the rest of the Pittsburgh gang
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Post by Joe Foering »

Thanks for all the cards, calls, thoughts and prayers. Sitting and looking at a row of 30+ staples going down your gut is a real reality check! We hope to see all you all at Duryea; meanwhile, enjoy the hell out of Polish Mtn. and call or stop by if you get a chance.
PS: No matter how painful and frightening this may be, it's better than the alternative.
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Post by Ron Mann »

Get better Joe...we're all thinking about you!
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Post by Joe Foering »

Hello Friends,
Unfortunately, Joe and I will probably not be able to celebrate with you at the upcoming PHA banquet. We'll miss seeing you all. Just to give you an update...Joe has completed 4 cycles of extremely debilitating chemotherapy. We'll go in for a scan on the 24th to check on the progress of the treatment. Given indications so far, including great platelet counts, the docs expect a postitive outcome.

To all who have called and either spoken with Joe or been unable to talk to him, He wanted you all to know how much he appreciates your good wishes. The intensity of the drugs have caused exteme fatigue and nausea. The pain meds have added to these conditions. He's making up for all of those years of insomnia and just doen't feel up to company yet. Feel free to call and if Joe isn't awake, I'll fill you in.

So....have a few drinks for us (or a lot) and have a smashing banquet. I'll try to keep you posted on Joe's progress and he joins me in wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers...

JoAnne