FIRST TIME AT GIANTS DESPAIR

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Tom Styczynski
Novice

FIRST TIME AT GIANTS DESPAIR

Post by Tom Styczynski »

This will be my first time at Giants Despair. I guess that make me an oldie/newbie.

I plan to tow up on Friday afternoon. Where are the pits located? Can I leave the car and trailer in the pits on Friday and Saturday?
Tom Styczynski

#TBD Lotus 7A
The Oregon division of the Motorworks at Saint Judes

TO GET TO THE TOP YOU HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM
SteveTC
Novice

Re: FIRST TIME AT GIANTS DESPAIR

Post by SteveTC »

Hi Tom,

This will be my first running of Giant's Despair as well, but I can answer your questions.
Pits are located at the bottom of the hill, on Northampton Street in Wilkes-Barre Township, PA.
There are many campers there, so no problem leaving your car. I live nearby and will leave mine there as well.
If you are coming up from the south via 81, get off at 165B exit for Route 309 North which will be the left exit coming down the long mountain from Nuangola. You will merge onto 309, and go straight through two lights. Just past the park and ride lot on the right, you will bear right off an exit ramp. When you get to the stop sign, turn right onto northampton. You will be 1/2 mile to the pits.

See you there.
Tom Styczynski
Novice

Post by Tom Styczynski »

THANKS!!!!!
Tom Styczynski

#TBD Lotus 7A
The Oregon division of the Motorworks at Saint Judes

TO GET TO THE TOP YOU HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Good Luck Tom. You should have been at Pagoda to see your old Scirocco run. It's going to run the big Regional at NJMP July 18,19.

Dave Y.