2009 POINTS

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

2009 POINTS

Post by dspgti »

I have just sent the points tally to Matt to be posted to the web site. Please be patient. The spread sheets we used are different than what was used before and some adjustments or changes might have to made.

Since most of the PHA members have not been to the meetings, I should explain the different awards programs we are shooting for this year. First and foremost, there are no changes to the individual Class Championships.

New award for 2009 is the "Best Overall". The name is not solid so if someone has an idea, we are open. King of the Hill has been rejected for it's gender orientation. Top Gun is a cliche. Give us your opinion. How it works is the fastest car overall gets 100 points and each individual gets 1 point less according to thier finishing position. In other words, 2nd place gets 99 points 3rd gets 98 etc. All events will be counted. No drops. More than 100 drivers mean each one after 100 gets 1 point.

EL&M Auto Recycling is sponsering a special award to acknowledge the competitor that enters the most events and beats the most competitors in their class. It is meant to honor Lloyd Geib who has been a consistent competitor for over 40 years. The points are calculated by giving each 10 points plus muliplying the number of drivers you beat in class by 10. If you are in a class of 5 and you finish first, you get 50 points. Second gets 40 points etc. No drops will be allowed. There will be trophy plus a $100 gift certificate from a racing accessory company to the driver with highest points.

Any questions or comments, let me know.
Dave Y
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Re: 2009 POINTS

Post by Matt Rowe »

The 2009 Points are now up on the website. You can navigate to them through a number of different ways (schedule page, news page, front page) or just jump there from this link.

Thanks to Dave for putting together 3 sets of points in a format that was easy to import. Hopefully everyone else can see this easily, but if not please let me know.
~Matt Rowe
georgebowland
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 114
Current Racecar: Bowland Boys Racing Shark
Special I

Post by georgebowland »

Dave,
For over 20 years, Pro Solo has declared an "Overall Champion" based on the accumulation of points through the season. That seems to me to be the correct designation for your award, although I would probably call it the "Overall PHA Series Champion" to better describe it to outsiders.
George
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Perhaps we don't need another name besides "PHA Series Champion". "Overall" seems to be the most descriptive. We will still keep our minds open to something catchey or clever.

Thanks for the input,
Dave Y
Speednation
Racer
Current Racecar: 4 Hondas and 1 Neon

Post by Speednation »

Dave - thanks for sponsoring, and keeping track of the new awards. You could always name the "best overall" award for one of our former hillclimbers (like you did for Lloyd). I sponsor a Lynne Dehart award in my region for the "time trial driver of the year".
Mel Horn
Novice

Sorry about this...(NOT!)

Post by Mel Horn »

Speednation wrote: You could always name the "best overall" award for one of our former hillclimbers [...]
This would of course be awarded to the corner worker who wears the cleanest set of "worker whites"...
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

How about the best best rebuild of a race car car. We will call "Best Overhaul". :roll:

Dave Y
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

dspgti wrote:How about the best best rebuild of a race car car. We will call "Best Overhaul". :roll:

Dave Y
I'll pass on that one. Did that last year.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

I guess everyone has seen that all the event results have been posted. The points have been updated and sent to Matt so they should be posted soon. Please review for mistakes. We have caught a few but you all should check closely for errors.

Let me know if there is a problem.

Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

All of the points have been updated. Just one small problem. There is a mistake on the Lloyd Geib Award. When a driver changes a class the earned points were shown seperatly. That was not the intention, just a miscommunication between me and Kate. It was corrected and sent to Matt but did not make it before the posting. The significant change is at the top for Rich Rock. He should have gotten credit for 10 points at Jefferson. Any other drivers were also effected have been corrected and you will see it in the next and probable final posting.

Any other corrections, questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact me.

Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

As you all have probably seen, the final event results are posted and the championship points have been updated. The results are unoffiacial untill everyone has had a chance to review thier individual points posting and contact me for any corrections.

A BIG Congratulations to Jeremy for his well deserved FTD at Fall Weatherly. It looks as though he has locked up the Overall Championship title as well. Three cheers for his persistance.

Also unofficially, Rich Rock looks to have won the Lloyd Geib Award in spite of a late challenge due to his loss of his massive point generating H1 TVR. Again, percervierance wins out.

What's up with GT3 at Weatherly? I don't believe it effected the outcome of any class championship. As far as team points, I don't know. One thing for sure, the rules will have to reviewed for next years Team Challenge.

I hope everyone will be at the PHA Banquet for trophy presentations.

Dave Y.
Your 2009 Points Keeper (it was really Kate)
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

Thanks Dave! There is alot I could say about all the points structures and such. but, I think it's something I need to write out before I post.

Congrats to all class winners and to team OZ for a great job this season. And of course to the true King of the hill George Bowland!
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8