An apology

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

An apology

Post by Matt Green »

Hi all-

It was recently brought to my attention that I have been less than cordial on several occasions lately. One specific example was the Driver's Meeting at Jefferson, and upon thinking back I have thought of several others.

Rather than make excuses about being busy and stressed (who isn't these days?), I just wanted to offer an apology, and let you know that I am going to make a more concerted effort to get back to being my happy and friendly self as much as possible. Also, if you see me starting to be condescending, mean, or just plain grumpy, please don't hesitate to let me know about it. I promise that I will not bite your head off, and actually I will be grateful in the fact that you care.

Thank you, and sorry.
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Re: An apology

Post by Mwilson »

Matt,
You have always been very cordial to me and as far as Jefferson I have no idea what that is about. You and others have done much to make our sport better and I thank you for that. I think the saying goes, " He who is without sin let him cast the first stone." The apology was nice but as far as I'm concerned was not needed. Hell if I had to apologize for every time I have been in a bad mood or under stress I would be posting after every event. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Speednation
Racer
Current Racecar: 4 Hondas and 1 Neon

Post by Speednation »

I don't know what you have to apologize for either, but you obviously feel you did something out of the ordinary. I think it is great that you are thinking about how how you are coming across - we should all do more of that, and although I accept your apology, I have never really found you to be anything but helpful and patient with us. Thanks for everything you do.
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Post by FV95 »

OK, so I waited a while to let some horror story come to my ears that would explain the apology. Never happened; and I am not surprised. Matt G., you are part of the team that makes it all happen, and you are good at what you do. But whatever happened, if the apology was necessary, so be it.
HOWEVER, be careful here, do not go too far. Don't make it too hard to tell the bad Matt from the good Matt. :lol:
John